Galaxy S2 Skyrocket vs LG Optimus L9

Discussion in 'Smartphones' started by Andy Stanton, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Andy Stanton

Andy Stanton Newbie

I'm looking to buy 2 reasonably priced large android phones that my wife and I can use with the T-Mobile prepaid $30 per month plan. These will be our first smartphones. I was inclined to pick up the LG Optimus L9 which I can get for $200 apiece. But the L9 has some issues that concern me. One is the small amount of available internal memory for apps. One of the big attractions of getting android smartphones is that we can take advantage of all the cool apps available, so the L9 doesn't really cut it in that respect. Another issue is the low volume of sound put out by the L9 (so I've read). I've been looking for a similarly priced alternative that would better meet my needs and I believe I've found it in the Galaxy S II Skyrocket. I've found unlocked Skyrockets on Amazon at a price of only about $55 more than the L9. The S II Skyrocket has a 4.5 inch screen, 16 gb of internal memory and a fast dual core processor. The Skyrocket seems like a much better phone than the L9. Are there any negatives about these unlocked Skyrockets that I should be aware of?
    Thanks for your help.