Galaxy S II (Sprint Epic 4G D-710) Menu Problem, Solved?

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by Dngrsone, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Dngrsone

Dngrsone One Serious Wiku

Okay, if you have had issues with your menu popping up uncommanded, sometimes repeatedly and really ruining your phone experience, then I have some good news for you.

This thread provided the information I needed to get Sprint (and Samsung) on board with a solution for the Galaxy S II 'Epic 4G Touch' model number SPH-D710.

I requested verification that the problem with the Sprint S2 phones is also caused by RF interference. Here is the reply:

The hard part is convincing your repair center to actually perform the repair-- I got stonewalled, even though the fix information was attached to my repair ticket.

Oh, and according to the tech I talked to at the store, Jellybean is supposed to roll out in February.

RickAgresta and jigwashere like this.
  2. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

Thanks for posting this, Dngrsone. I suffered with this issue quite a bit and could not get Sprint to fix it without the (then $35, now $50) repair fee. Under warranty, Samsung had offered to fix it, but I couldn't be without my phone for 2 weeks. I haven't had the problem recently and thought it might be because I flashed a JB ROM. However, I haven't been in the low-signal areas where I previously had the problem. I may try back at my local Sprint store and see if they've changed their tune. The links you provided are helpful.

3. Dngrsone

Jig, I have my refurbished phone here at work with nary a hiccup to be had-- I am going to call it a fix.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

4. jigwashere

I hadn't seen a phantom menu pop-up in weeks and had almost forgotten about them, but while visiting my son's school the other day, bam -- there they were.

5. Dngrsone

A user replied in my Sprint thread that they used a printout of that thread to get free repair of their phone for the mentioned problem. It might be worth a try taking your phone in...

RickAgresta and jigwashere like this.
  6. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Above: Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Glad to hear your problem is resolved, Dngrsone; a great thread here and on the Sprint forum. I'm due for an upgrade, and since my DroidX sometimes "thinks so hard" (generates so much heat) it needs to take 5 minutes to cool down to respond to *any* input, I've been thinking about the Galaxy III -- time to do some research on 'issues'....oh, and since it's now available (on a desktop, not the phone) you most certainly deserve this:

7. jigwashere

My phone is very nearly 1 year old, so if I'm going to try to get this fixed under warranty, I'd better hurry.

8. Dngrsone

I have not had any problems at all since replacing the phone.

If anything, my reception is better.