From "Small" Smartphone To Larger Smartphone

Discussion in 'General Smartphone/Handheld/Wearable Discussion' started by NetBrakr, Nov 21, 2014.

1. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

Hook, jigwashere and RickAgresta like this.
  2. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

Hook and scjjtt like this.
  3. scjjtt

Jig, you're right. I forgot that when I ordered one for each of us - 3 of them for the price of 1 Samsung's dock.

Sent from my HP TouchPad with CM9 using Tapatalk.

Hook and jigwashere like this.
  4. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

5.5" 960x540 sounds terrible to me. Just terrible. You get what you pay for with a phone that's selling for $135 on Amazon.

I think the best phone you can buy under $200 is the Moto G (2014). 5.0" 1280x720 screen, Snapdragon 410, microSD support, respectable build quality and screen quality.

jigwashere and Hook like this.
  5. NetBrakr

NetBrakr Gone With The Wind

I know HD screen is important for some people. But I am not one of them. Besides the phone's ppi is higher than the my netbook.

200 vs 117

6. scjjtt

My friend explained that his S3 will not show a full website without having to scroll around. His screen is 1280 x 720. I guess the key is to have the second number at least 768 so it will show a full website height when you put your phone or tablet in landscape.

I went to our B.H. website with my old Samsung Epic 4g which has a resolution of 800 x 400. It looks like our site now recognizes mobile phones and changes the layout accordingly. Many, if not almost all major websites do that and our B.H. site looked great with a 800 x 400 resolution.

Of course more and more sites/companies are developing apps for their visitors to use. In cases like Web Sites that change for mobile devices and/or apps - I imagine iRulu V1 resolution would work. My Epic 4g still looks good for these eyes of mine.

7. LandSurveyor

LandSurveyor LandSurveyor

I definitely want a bigger phone at this point. I'm not stuck on a particular manufacturer but I'm at least used to Samsungs. Still, something with a more plain Android experience would be nice.

scjjtt likes this.
  8. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

I don't understand. Website pages can be as long as the web designer makes them.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

9. scjjtt

I don't understand it either and it's beyond me. When I tried websites with my Epic 4g vs my S4, even full size websites, everything showed up. But he did say that with the lower resolution on a larger screen will stretch the pixels and make clicking on things maybe a little harder to do so without enlarging the screen.

10. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

However, keep in mind that a netbook is generally used at anywhere from 30cm to 60cm distance from your eyes, while a phone is usually held much closer, 15cm to 20cm from your eyes. At this shorter distance, pixels are much more noticeable. My Galaxy Player 5.0 had a 5", 800x480 screen, which translates to 240 ppi, and IMO this is as low as ppi count should go for a handheld device. Less than this and image will surely appear pixellated.

scjjtt and Hook like this.