From "Small" Smartphone To Larger Smartphone

Discussion in 'General Smartphone/Handheld/Wearable Discussion' started by NetBrakr, Nov 21, 2014.

1. NetBrakr

NetBrakr Gone With The Wind

I may get a different brand smartphone, just to try it out the size. Such as Blu Studio 5.5

2. Mi An

Mi An Untethered

I went from a fat 3.5" to a fat 2.?" Blackberry flip to an anorexic 4.7" Nexus 4 and I'd love to go back. The only phones I'm eyeing right now are the Ara mini (probably 3ish") and Ara medium (probably about 4-4.3"). I'd love to shrink my kindle too, while I'm at it. Though I certainly understand the love of styli and silos. Wouldn't it be great if they made Pico Notes?

You whippersnappers today all want these tall, bulimic superphones, but back in my day, phones were short and curvy and we liked 'em that way! :vbtongue:

jigwashere and scjjtt like this.
  3. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

Well, two of my all-time favorite phones still are the Motorola Timeport (especially with the clip-on secondary battery) and the Ericsson KF-788. Both of them short, curvy, and plump:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

<Tiredly walking around, hand pressing his lower back, cane pointing at anyone who will listen, raspy muses that phones no longer are as good as those made back in his day>

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  4. NetBrakr

I must resist buying it!
    Gahhhh!

scjjtt likes this.
  5. Hook

Hook Professional Daydreamer

I would really love a Nexus 6 and, who knows, it could happen closer to when my Nexus 5 is 2 years old unless the Nexus 7-but-we-can't-call-it-that-because-we-already-used-the-name sounds even better. I *really* want a bigger screen phone.

If I were as into Samsung as much as you, I'd be lusting after a Note 4. Actually, I do lust after the Note 4, I just don't like the obstacles Samsung puts up to Rooting and unlocking the bootloader.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
  6. NetBrakr

I would get the Note 4, but it cost ALOT of money to get the unlocked/uncarrier version.

If I buy a bigger phone, the original Note N7000 will be my ideal phone. Cheaper than my i9100. :eek:

scjjtt likes this.
  7. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

NetB, I'm all for being thrifty, but sometimes, the less expensive choice isn't the best choice
    [​IMG]

scjjtt and Hook like this.
  8. NetBrakr

Any reason why I shouldn't get the N7000?

9. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

It's getting to be 'old tech' is my only "issue" -- granted, this is being said by someone *not* using cutting edge anything, but even I can't tell you I think it'd be a smart move to go for a 3 year-old device (yes, my S3 was already out a year when I bought it). How much more would the Note 2 (or 3) be?
    And, no, right now, no plans to jump from the S3 <g>

scjjtt likes this.
  10. Mi An

Mi An Untethered

The Note 2 always reminded me a little of the S2 FWIW. Both were RGB AMOLED devices (not pentile), and actually, I think they were both the last RGB AMOLEDs of their subbrand. Comparing specs straight across makes these devices look much more modest than they are. Both were kind of break out devices that, to me at least, established their line as a force to be reckoned with, not just a one hit wonder.

I don't like big phones, but I was aggressively seeking a used note 2 way back just before the Nexus 4 went on a firesale. It's a very attractive device.

RickAgresta and scjjtt like this.