From Play to Z: An increasingly comprehensive, yet decidedly non-authoritative Moto Z Play review

Discussion in 'Smartphones' started by Mi An, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

I dropped my Z Play the other day. On concrete. Despite my obsession with screen protectors and cases, I rarely drop a phone, or anything else. I got a flick of dust on my m500 stylus ages ago, made a miniscule scratch on my unprotected plastic screen, and have been overdoing protection ever since. Paid off this week.

This was only a fall from about waist high, but it could have been a doozy. It appears to have hit on a corner, which can be a really bad spot to hit. I also heard, on impact, a sort of scattering noise, which turned out to be the style back popping off and the metal anchor on the inside of it sliding across the concrete. For a fraction of a second my heart was in my throat before I realized my phone hadn't really cracked open.

The phone is untouched and even the verizon bumper case only showed a tiny bit of a scuff on the corner after a very detailed examination. If I didn't know I'd dropped it, I might not have found the scuff. The verizon case is not the greatest case in terms of in hand feel, but it gets the job done. Hopefully there won't be any additional durability 'testing'. :vboops:

2. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

Whew! I've been on both sides: despair after a screen break (one time), and relief that nothing was damaged. I'm so glad for you there was no harm beyond a scuffed case.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk