Friends Wanting New Phone Advice

Discussion in 'General Smartphone/Handheld/Wearable Discussion' started by scjjtt, Dec 7, 2018.

1. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

I have some friends looking for a new phone for Mr & Mrs. They were interested in the Huawei phones & Moto G6. I sent them a link as a heads up about our government's view of Huawei phones so they have that info & whether they wanted to believe it or not.

They were leaning toward the Moto G6. I saw this sale for today & forward these links to them - this deal for the Moto X4 looks pretty sweet.

Android Authority: Deal: Buy a 64GB Moto X4, get a 32GB model for free (save $350).
    https://www.androidauthority.com/deal-buy-moto-x4-get-free-930760/

Here is a comparison of the Moto G6 vs X4 - from what I read - I like the X4.

https://www.techradar.com/news/moto-g6-vs-moto-x4

Sent from my LG v10 using Tapatalk

jigwashere, Mi An and Hook like this.
  2. scjjtt

My friends ordered the X4's today after looking at them at Best Buy.

Sent from my LG v10 using Tapatalk

Mi An, lelisa13p and Hook like this.
  3. Hook

Hook Professional Daydreamer

That really is a good deal. Hope they are happy with it.

Mi An and scjjtt like this.
  4. internetpilot

internetpilot Flying Dog (...duh...)

Back when I bought my Moto G5S Plus, I was considering the Moto X4, but I wanted the Android One version of it and there was some "Tom Fickery" going on at the time with that where you could only get an Android One version directly from Google through the Fi program. Even though it's an older phone, I suspect it will be supported longer because there's at least an Android One version out there and it will probably have much better 3rd-party ROM support.

I've had several friends ask me about Moto phones lately. I think that's purely because of $. Just about every other phone is at least $700, which is just ridiculous.

5. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

I remember for a couple of years it looked like the cost of flagship phones was starting to move a little downward. Some MSRPs were lowering, discounts were happening earlier and earlier for those that were standard msrp and sales were generally steeper. Then things went a very different direction. $600+ moved to $700+, there are $1000 phones and the samsung galaxy F is purported to retail for $1700.

I also remember walking to school in the snow, uphill both ways. Now if you'll excuse I'm going to go yell at the news.

6. scjjtt

RickAgresta and Hook like this.