Freeware alt to FontSmoother?

Discussion in 'Themes and Skins (Palm OS)' started by Cerebrious Genius, Aug 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FerdFerd

FerdFerd Recovering Palm Fiddler

Apologies for the misdirection. I thought it would work, but I got it wrong. :eek:

I suppose there is a reason why you want the original Palm font. Myself, I use one of several sans serif fonts that are smoothed. Is there a reason you want to avoid that approach? It's an honest question - I'm curious about why you are not interested in using a different font.

2. Jupiter

Jupiter Mobile Evangelist

Part of it is that I like the palm fonts. I just think they look good.

Another (probally a much more important) adgantage is that they would be the same size, reducing problems that I have with FontSmoother. I can't stand the way text next to or in a control isn't verticly centered.

3. Hook

Hook Professional Daydreamer

Do you have a screenshot? I can't figure out what you mean (I use Fontsmoother).

4. FerdFerd

FerdFerd Recovering Palm Fiddler

I'm with Hook on this one. What problems do you have with other fonts? I know that updates to FontSmoother over time have dealt with the few issues I once had.

Here are two screenshots. The first is with FreeSans and the second is with Segoe Media Center. I used to use FreeSans, but I'm more attracted to Segoe Media Center these days. Both were converted from TrueType fonts.

The great thing about all this is that you can have what you want, so please don't take this as an effort to get you to abandon the native fonts.

Attached Files:

5. r0k

r0k Dazed

I haven't used FS since ditching my 650. Now I think I'll go get it back and load FreeSans. :) Where oh where is Zippy when you need him?

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  6. Hook

Hook Professional Daydreamer

That's why I wanted a screen shot. I've never seen that happen. I use Tahoma 14 AA, whatever any of that in the font label means. :rolleyes:

7. Jupiter

Jupiter Mobile Evangelist

Thanks for the help. After messing around a lot with different sizes, i found that I like Arial at 14pt for now. It is close enough to the right size that it doesn't cause problems. When I have more time I'll see if there are other fonts I like better.

Now the FontSmoother license...

8. cm0n3y34

cm0n3y34 Modded T|T3 User

well, if you use a hires device and like small fonts, you can use fonts4os5, i like it, but i liked fontsmoother too(but no $$$ to spare right now)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.