free mp3 player w/ custom timer

Discussion in 'Multimedia (Windows Mobile)' started by Mi An, Jan 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quay

Quay Mobile Deity

2. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

I'm downloading it to give it a go now. I'll report back. Thanks for the info!

3. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

That is JUST perfect. It's clearly old, not finger friendly at all, but the functionality is right up my alley. Mega virtual reps to you. :D

4. goducks

goducks Mobile Evangelist

Wow, thanks for pointing out S2P. I've been looking for a better music player since I got my Samsung Intrepid a month ago. This is awesome and takes care of one of my biggest gripes on this phone, Windows Media Player Mobile which is just awful. And I'm someone who actually likes the PC version of that program as my music player at work.

5. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

I just found and installed Microfi Nitrogen 1.1 which seems like a perfect solution. It's very finger friendly and has an adjustable sleep timer. It appears to be quite feature rich. Sleep timer, album art, playlists, finger-friendly, button to blank the screen, multi-language support, etc.

Check it out! :)

6. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

Looking at the xda-devs thread, looks like a nice set of options. Custom skins are nice to have, and I'm not clear on whether the CLI bit is implemented yet, or how much is in place, but I might be interested in that.

GSPlayer is working for me now, so it might be a while before I start playing with this one.

7. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

"Nitrogen uses the libraries from an opensource player (GSPlayer)." I'm not sure what that means, but sounds like there are some basic similarities.

8. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

Good genes :) , although from what I've read at the development thread, the dev [got rid of those a little while ago/is about to get rid of those] in favor of another source of libraries. libmad or something. Doesn't really make a difference to me, it's not really user experience related. It's just some stuff under the hood.

When I get a little scholastic break, I'll probably investigate the CLI issue some more and/or see if there are any particularly functional spb mobile shell plugins available. Either of those might make an upgrade worthwhile. In the meantime I've got two hours of the most concentrated, least useful, and most boring mineral title exam lecture ever (until next week?) to try and purge from my aching brain, and there's only one man who can (maybe) handle odds like that: Jack Bauer. [​IMG] If necessary, Taco Bell will provide backup.

9. housefull

housefull Newbie

What a coincidence! I was looking at Normsoft's site last night to see if there were an automated way to transfer my license. I don't think there is. In fact, the impression I get is that they won't transfer the license. But it won't hurt to ask (and then report back to us)!

10. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

AZ-TE already reported back in the negative.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.