Free cell phone reverse phone directory

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by MPSmith, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maceyr

maceyr Palm Explorer

Yes, I guess swearing at them may do so, but most times, when I say I'm not interested, they just keep talking and try to keep me on the line. I've gotten quite used to just hanging up when they won't take my "I'm not interested" reply and they keep talking. At first, I felt kind of bad to do so, but that was really the only way.

Thank goodness there's no listing for cell phones, but with other people (I'm sure there are some like me, who are getting fed up with telemarketers who switch to cells). Eventually when the shift comes, I'm sure it will be "open season" again. I dread that day and hope it comes much later than sooner.

2. Nine

Nine Ooh NO, missus...

Just say 'Oh, sorry - I'm not Maceyr. I'll just go and get her - can you hang on?' Then place the phone gently on the desk and carry on with what you were doing. They soon learn. :)

3. PDA Bach

PDA Bach Dunsel

Better yet, tell them you'd like to talk to them but that you don't have a phone. :)

4. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe Mobile Deity

Whenever I have a truely bizzare thought, I write it down and keep this list of thoughts near the phone just for telemarketers. It is quite amusing to listen to them attempt to keep to their script when my response is something like:

"I was just thinking about how peculiar it would be to hear the Dragnet theme music being quacked by a chorus of ducks"

5. maceyr

maceyr Palm Explorer

LOL! That will get them!

And one time, I got someone who immediately asked me who I was when I answered. And I asked her back who she was looking for. She laughed and didn't reply. After several attempts to figure out what the call was about, I just had it and hung up. What a weird call. I guess she was fishing for something or info or whatever. Like I get these kinds of nuisance calls. I had enough of it and just cut the line.

For a while there, I was telling them to put me on their "do not call" list (I doubt they really do it) but I still get them. Who really knows if they stop calling you for 3 months (what a joke).

With the cell, it's been so nice and quiet and rarely do I get the wrong number calls. Mind you, I've had the number for several years so unless they're fishing or whatever, I shouldn't be getting calls from strangers.

6. Nine

Nine Ooh NO, missus...

This is the best fight-back I've ever read, Maceyr. :)

7. maceyr

maceyr Palm Explorer

That's GREAT! Thanks, Nine! You're so good at finding these cool things! They're quite funny.

8. Dick Tracy

Dick Tracy Detective/Moderator

All well and good; does anyone have a counterscript for calling customer service/support at financial institutions and services such as telephone/cable company to kill the upselling/crossmarketing waste of my time (not to mention the hacking window while hostage to this dreck)?

9. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

Don't call. Walk in. If you can't walk in, they aren't worth your time to pay for anyways.

10. maceyr

maceyr Palm Explorer

Yeah, I always hate calling my credit card company (especially American Express) to "activate" my new card. They always keep me on the line and then try to cross sell whatever they can. No. No. No....... It's too bad I have to try to be nice while I have to hear their schpeel without trying to be rude and interrupt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.