Flygrip

Discussion in 'Smartphones' started by jigwashere, Mar 16, 2012.

1. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

I don't see where to specify finish, either. I ordered Jet Black and it is a matte finish.

I'm surprised you say it took 2.5 weeks for them to reply. I went back over my correspondence with them: I emailed info@flygrip.com on 12/9/13 at 8PM regarding the lack of a case for the LG G2 and they responded 12/10 8AM. I responded at 6 PM that day and their reply was at 10 AM the next day. I placed my order at 12/12 at 12AM and the shipping label was printed at 8 AM. By noon, they emailed me because I apparently neglecting to indicate a size, I responded, and at 4PM they confirmed my order would ship the next day.

Include a comment with your order. If glossy finish shows up, you can return it.

I had more recent correspondence with them. I emailed comments to them 2/23 and they responded 2/24.

By the way, since the website didn't offer a case for my phone and I emailed about it, they replied with an offer to order a case for me or discount my order by $7. I chose the discount, but wouldn't stack it with the free shipping offer available by using code QBKing77. Shipping was $3.99.

Mi An likes this.
  2. jigwashere

I never did order the DIMPLE, but my LG G2 has the volume and power button on the back, just below the camera lens. With the Flygrip, I can easily turn my phone on or off and adjust the volume with my index finger. If the buttons were on the top or side opposite my palm, I think I'd have to use my other hand. When the DIMPLE buttons arrive, strategically place them for use while using the Flygrip. Report back and make me jealous. :)

Mi An likes this.
  3. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

They would go well together, but I've been using my kindle more and more and more, and that's what I have in mind for a flygrip. Kindle is a bit more unweildy to hold while lying down than what I've read on for years, and I think if I could just solve that issue, I'll finally be happy. Just one more gadget will do it... :vbrolleyes: :vbwink:

I contacted flygrip using the form on their site last time. I decided to send them an email tonight with both questions to the address you cited. Maybe that will work better. Much obliged.

scjjtt and jigwashere like this.
  4. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

Flygrip responded first thing this morning, consistent with your experience. I suppose it's possible I typo'd my email address in the form as they said they had responded back when I sent it.

They were helpful. Apparently, despite the site description (and the first photo being of a glossy finish), matte is only finish available. I'm not 100% sure they understand that their sale page communicates the exact opposite, but I've done my part to help them out on that. My second question was about my genuine leather lighted case for my kindle and whether their adhesive would stick to it, which I asked because they say it won't stick on the Galaxy Note's pleather back. They told me it likely will work if tape and especially duct tape will adhere to it. We shall see. Just in case, I'm likely to order the note 4 carbon skin as a backup plan.

scjjtt and jigwashere like this.
  5. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

My first flygrip arrived. :vbgrin: Did I just say "first"? What a strange thing to say. :confused:

I got a medium on ebay, new, for $15 shipped. Someone's unwanted gift, perhaps? I was planning to get a large and do something similar to what jig did with his TPU case to my lighted case flap, the portion that swings open like a book cover. If I make a flygrip sized hole in that flap, I could use the accessory with either hand (whereas now, the binding blocks access from one side). But that would definitely require a large flygrip to make up for the thickness of the flap. If this makes my kindle more comfortable to hold, I'll likely order a second large and move the medium to my Nexus. It'd be really nice if this worked well.

I've just tested how well a command strip (see here) sticks to this case, given doubts about adhesive and leather (fake leather, this is genuine, but I still worried enough to test it). It sticks REALLY well. I was holding and jostling it by a command hook with only a few seconds to adhere and it felt very sturdy. If flygrip's adhesive doesn't work, I think those command strips will. I plan to attach this tonight, but might not really use it for a while. Instructions suggest 48 hours for bonding before heavy usage, and this kindle+case is as heavy as two kindles, so pretty much any usage is 'heavy' compared to smartphone usage. I'm still deciding on the exact location to place it in.

Hook, jigwashere and scjjtt like this.
  6. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

I just got a second flygrip... for $5. Unused. It's a little glossy and I prefer matte, but I also prefer cheap, so I'll live. I think I'll put this on my afterglow and move the kindle one to my nexus.

7. jigwashere

My Flygrip is broken, so I ordered a replacement. I know the initial break resulted from me switching it across devices, but it was broken at the base which held fast being adhered to the case using the supplied tape. This break is on the hinge. While I'm disappointed, I like the Flygrip enough to order another one. This time, I'll get medium hoping it's a better fit.

lelisa13p, RickAgresta, Hook and 2 others like this.
  8. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

jigwashere and scjjtt like this.