Flygrip

Discussion in 'Smartphones' started by jigwashere, Mar 16, 2012.

1. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

Mi An likes this.
  2. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

That's a very nice accessory. Very expensive, but I hope this means it's good quality. It seems to be made of plastic, I wonder how much abuse can it endure? I think I'll wait until you get one first!

Sent from my Galaxy Player 5.0 via Tapatalk

3. Hook

Hook Cat and Mouse and Linux

It's interesting and makes a lovely kickstand, but it's not my cup of tea. I'm not big on using my device one handed to begin with. I don't like that it is stuck to the device and you can't use a case (and I love my case). Maybe not doing things one handed is why I have been fine without screen protectors. ;)

4. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Agreed about the cleverness of it. I watched about 3/4 of the video because the guy (bless his heart ;) ) started getting on my nerves so I didn't see the end/price. Going back to look at manufacturer link ... $30! That's about what I'd have guessed, and they do throw in a case in the matching color, too, so I suppose that's not so bad for both items. I'd consider it if I had a problem & needed it.

Should note that it's compatible for iPhones, HTC & Samsung devices. List is here.

5. Varjak

Varjak Mobile Deity

Here's the site, because I didn't want to waste time watching a video:

Flygrip - Navigate your Smartphone with One Hand

(Hint to developers, videos are often NOT the best way to promote your product). Yes I know this wasn't the dev's site; but just saying. And even the main site doesn't say how the device connects to the phone itself (unless the video does).

In the photos, it looks like the 'flipper' arm isn't really big enough to be a safe kickstand, unless it's positioned in such a way that the phone would be lying back at a significant angle.

As for price, that is pricey. But in a world where sheets of clear plastic go for nearly as much, I guess it makes some sense; although I suspect a lot of these devs would make a lot more money if they sold more at a lower price point. For $10-15, many more people would take a flier on it (pun intended).

6. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Varjak, the video showed the connection is made via adhesive that comes attached to the item; peel away the paper covering and press securely to stick. IIRC, there is a brief waiting period required before use in order for the adhesive to set. An extra adhesive piece is included, in case the user changes devices and wants to continue use of gizmo. Product claims that removal of adhesive leaves behind no damage or residue.

7. jigwashere

8. Varjak

Varjak Mobile Deity

Not bad; but the video looks like it was shot on a 0.7 MP camera. Do you know what phone was used in the demo? It looked like a Sprint HTC model; but I don't think it was the original Evo.

9. jason hann

jason hann Newbie

FYI: Flygrip can be used alone or with a case.

10. jigwashere

I finally did it! I bought a black Flygrip Gravity. ("The Gravity version is built using a stronger plastic composite, magnetic locking mechanism, easier to open and close, and kickstand in both portrait and landscape orientations for phones of all sizes, and tablets up to 10 inches.") I emailed them about a case for the G2, and they told me they don't offer one at this time so gave me an $8 discount instead.

After seeing a few videos of damaged LG G2s, I decided to order a case for it from Amazon.com. My Diztronic Matte Back Black Flexible TPU Case will hopefully arrive tomorrow.