Finally. Make your palm to work _HOURS_ more.

Discussion in 'Tungsten T series' started by junglemike, Jun 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeanDC10

DeanDC10 Mobile Deity

Thanks for the input......

2. imported_Curt

imported_Curt Mobile Evangelist

Real World Numbers With Stock Battery:

Last two full cycles without FullPower (takes about 5 days per cycle): 2 hrs. 40 and 2 hrs. 45

Full Cycle set to only 3.71: 3 hrs 15 minutes (took 5-6 days)
    Full Cycle set to only 3.65: 4 hrs 26 minutes (took 5-6 days)
    Finally - I now get to try 3.60 ....
    Obviously, no data loss so far.

Use includes:
    1. Occasional WiFi use (2 or 3 times per cycle at less than 10 minutes)
    2. Lots of PIM and Docs To Go.
    3. Slightly underclocked to 354 to get rid of the whine (although Speedy clocks it at 361).
    4. Lots of SolFree solitaire lately, for some reason. It seems to suck juice, too. SolFree and WebPro seem to be the only programs that after quitting them, I get a bounce in battery. I know this is normal with WebPro - anybody else find this with SolFree?
    5. SD Card in 24/7
    6. Probably most importantly, screen at MAX brightness. Even after it automatically shuts down to half brightness, I cranked it right back up to max.

So, even with a conservative setting, I'm already up nearly 2 hours from before with relatively hard use. After the 3.60 test I'll go lower brightness/no SD/may drop CPU speed/etc. just to see what I can coax out of it.

Very pleased so far. Thanks to all that have made this possible!!

-Curt

3. holvoetn

holvoetn Still a moderator ...

You call this not babysitting ?
    This is full blown surveillance for crying out loud ! :D:D

4. Nine

Nine Ooh NO, missus...

<Nine now has visions of the Palm Liberation Front breaking into Junglemike's at night and releasing all of those poor little experimented-on PDAs from their wires and cages back into the wild> ;)

5. speedyraf

speedyraf Newbie

The FullPower program sounds like a great idea, although the comments about something happening to my battery makes me a bit nervous. My PDA is a Tungsten T2. What number is recommended for T2 shutdown voltage using this program? Thanks everyone for your assistance.

6. grahamnind

grahamnind Mobile Deity

You won't see such a big improvment with the T2, as the preset levels are lower than the T3. I tried FP at its lowest setting (3.2v), and gained about 30% extra, with no data loss.

However, my T2 is not standard. I have a 1600mah in parallel with the Palm battery =2500mah total
    19.5 hours without FP
    25.5 with

7. Ddeath

Ddeath Darth Death

Hmm.. I noticed something weird when I used profeo SA. I checked my batterygraph and I noticed the on/off switches doubles from the time when I enabled profeo SA. When I disable profeo, this goes back to normal. Seems like profeo SA periodically checks the palm for its status relatively often. Not sure whether this will affect and drain the battery life, though it does seems like my battery level falls rather quickly when I used this or is that just my wild imagination? Anyway, I'm back using nobattdialog. Everything feels normal now. :p

8. Pathdoc

Pathdoc Mobile Deity

Why not use the setting in the most recent version of FullPower?

9. Ddeath

Ddeath Darth Death

Still using v1.03 which is free, not trial. ;)

10. Odessa

Odessa Mobile Deity

I am using v.1.05, I am not aware that this is a trial version.

11. PaulPalm2003

PaulPalm2003 Mobile Evangelist

I wanted to wait before weighing in, to have some definitive "appraisal.". I have FullPower set to 3.55, and after a "normal" day of 12-15 entries but for short periods, I used to be at 3/4 - 7/8 full.

I'm now still at full, with the first noticeable drop coming on the 2nd day. I have not run it all the way down, nor do I use time-intensive apps like video playing or music. Just short "data entry" episodes sometimes leaving the T3 on for 3-5 minutes, other times around 1 minute.

I have noticed a difference for the better and am now testing "disable warnings" box. Apparently, according to the developer (who I have invited to post here directly) if you have the box checked, you must use the drop down "uninstall" menu option to properly uninstall this app. Then perform a soft reset.

Apparently future improvements will include "override soft reset," so that you don't have to reconfigure changes after every soft reset, which you do now. Has anyone else used this proggie for a week or more with sustained good results including recharging? If so, please post - this could be a very good thing for T3 owners (and hopefully T5/LD as well) in terms of the 4 to 4.5hr battery life we've been averaging.

12. holvoetn

I too noticed spontaneaous power-ons after installing Profeo SA though I do not know for sure if it was due to P-SA or something else...

I had to go through a full HARD reset and install from scratch cycle, since the backup also contained Profeo. Already managed to get all my PIMs etc back. But I am far from done yet :(

Now I will surely keep Profeo off and see if it happens again ... :confused:

13. grahamnind

grahamnind Mobile Deity

1.06 is out. No new features though ..except it crashes my Palm whenever I try to start it, with an error message saying your trial has expired. :mad:

14. Pathdoc

Pathdoc Mobile Deity

Same here. I do not mind a beta expiring but crashing your device is a little rude.

Has anyone paid for it yet? Just curious if the registered version still has the ads in it.

15. drgmtpalm

drgmtpalm Guest

Im using v1.05 and its free: not a trial.

16. holvoetn

I had 1.05 too and since yesterday it crashes with a message "Beta period expired" (or something like that ...)

17. Convert2

Convert2 Mobile Deity

Incredibly rude - will never get my money.

18. drgmtpalm

drgmtpalm Guest

Yep just got my first crash...

I get the feeling this person may be paranoid about making his software hacker proof... more effective than serial numbers for preventing illegal activation of trial software

Just a thought

19. donbes

donbes Mobile Deity

so thats why it crashes :rolleyes:

20. PeNsTeR

PeNsTeR Mobile Deity

But surely this will be effective. Now that we are used to Full Power, he wants us to pay. As the app is a must have, so shall it be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.