Finally. Make your palm to work _HOURS_ more.

Discussion in 'Tungsten T series' started by junglemike, Jun 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sjweise

sjweise Mobile Deity

I set it to 3.20. My charge did not get below 3.8 today at work so I was not able to see how it would work. My T3.5 battery is dying on me, and this did add much more time to it! I had to soft reset and that turned the application off. My battery went from 69% to 30% real fast. Turning the app back on and setting it to 3.20 brought it back up to 69%. Huge difference.

2. junglemike

junglemike Mobile Deity

OK guys, I have some partial results, but one thing i can tell you for sure
    THIS IS BIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exact details of test i made.
    I took Tungsten E (with default battery), and Tungsten T3 (with my custom battery). Charged them both overnight, than
    set screen to _MAXIMUM BRIGHTNESS_ , launched PocketTunes, set repeat funtion, unchecked "turn off screen after...", and unchecked "stop playing after battery low". This means that it would play untill critical level is reached and palm is shut off. Cpu speed was default (400mhz on T3, adn 126 on TE). First, i performed the test without this FullPower. (it way yesterday night). Than i recharged both again, set shutdown voltage to minimum (3.20v) to test the limits, and started same test over again.

-=Tungsten E=-

Total time without FullPower:....... 3 hours 13 minutes.
    Total time with Full power (3.2v)... 5 hours 1 minute.
    Total gain: 56%
    But percentage didn't work right on TE. Percentage was not updated, so when approaching 3 hours on second test, i got several low warnings, and finally number of critical warnings. (3.70v) But when TE passed 3.70v - it suddenly jumped to 100%, and stayed 100% all the time till 5 hours 1 minute. When voltage reached 3.21 v (lowest i could see) - TE just swithed off (no warnings at all) I switched it ON, it played for some more 3 mins, and switched off again (probably reached 3.2v again). Than i let it rest for couple of hours. Switched it on, showed 3.27v, and was working normally.
    CONCLUSION: NO DATA LOSS, EVEN WHEN TESTED TO LOWEST VOLTAGE ALLOWED.

-=Tungsten T3=-

I didnt finish testing yet.
    Total time without FullPower:...... 5 hours 18 minutes.
    As i speak now, my T3 is already playing for 9 hours 19 minutes, and It's still showing 3.68v (51%)!!!!
    When i said 6-7 hours before that by now my results will be ready, i underestimated FullPower. I'm going to sleep now, but meanwhile it's already 76% gain. I don't except to see such numbers on stock T3's battery, but it's not the point here. The point is gain compared to regular use.
    Will report back tomorrow the final result for T3 (test is being recorded automatically). By tomorrow i will also have time-voltage discharge graph. And will know whether it lost data. So stay tuned :)

[Edit]
    BTW, Web_Publish has updated to version 1.02 (same link). It now supposed to work with newer os versions. T5 and Ld probably.

3. Guatiao

Guatiao Pepsi Addict

Could this finally be THE app that we, users scared to open our T3s, are waiting for????

4. DeanDC10

DeanDC10 Mobile Deity

Do you have to do a warm reset to delete or upgrade FullPower?

It seems a soft reset changes the settings back to default, so maybe a soft reset followed by a delete?

5. AkB

AkB Mobile Consultant

junglemike:

THANK YOU for the test results. With my TE, I am satisfied I can at least fly cross country and, with the aid of FullPower, do a great deal more work (Docs to Go, mp3) than I thought I could.

I'm still going to perform my test, per your suggestions. I want to run TCMP, since it is THE media application for video on Palm. However, I have to overclock my TE to make it run just right, so I am most intersted in seeing the difference in time for my TE right now, versus my TE with the aid of Full Power. Of course, I expect that battery to drain quicker due to overclocking, and I am aware that my TE results will not match every other TE user out there. I will post results next week.

Thanks again for locating this freeware (how do you do that?!) and sharing your results with us.

6. sjweise

sjweise Mobile Deity

Its looks like a great app application, kudos again to Junglemike for spotting this one! I wonder if we could go below 3.20.

7. sjweise

sjweise Mobile Deity

I just let mine run down playing TCPMP. All data was lost. I dozed off (oops) so I can't be sure how long it played for before it ended. But, it did drain down enough to wipe the memory!

8. DeanDC10

DeanDC10 Mobile Deity

How low of a setting did you have selected?

9. boosted

boosted Mobile Deity

Should be 3.2, unless he changed his mind.

10. DeanDC10

DeanDC10 Mobile Deity

I saw his early post also and was wondering if he kept it at that setting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.