Finally. Make your palm to work _HOURS_ more.

Discussion in 'Tungsten T series' started by junglemike, Jun 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sjweise

sjweise Mobile Deity

3.2. But I also think my battery is dying so I'm not sure this is a good example.

2. junglemike

junglemike Mobile Deity

My T3 test if finished.
    If i say that I'm happy with the results - it woudln't express my feeling for even a quarter.

Here's the data:
    Total time without FullPower:...... 5 hours 18 minutes.
    Total time with FullPower:..... 10 hours 6 minutes!!!!!!
    Total gain: 90.5%
    But there was a data loss at the end, just like Sjweise. AT the end (7 min before shudown) it game me a warning, and lowest voltage T3 operated was 3.30v. In the morning, after recharge, it was just like after hard reset.
    But this is not a problem at all. See why.

I also recorderd voltage drop over time (no percentage though, coz i could record only one value).
    Take a look:
    [​IMG]

As you see - discharge graph is not linear, In fact it is very close to TE discharge graph here After ~3.6v - voltage starts to drop very fast, and between 3.6 and 3.3 - there is almost no gain whatever.
    This means that if you set up lowest voltage to 3.6v - you will make sure that you use close to 98% of battery power from one side, and that you are still very far from data loss from another side.
    From this moment - Full power is permanent app on my palm, just like Tcpmp.
    Thank you Mobile_Stream for this piece of art

3. Igor Porto

Igor Porto Bass Luthier

junglemike!!!!

Well, just as I suspected! Thanks for the great graphic, it helps to know that below 3600mV, there's not much gain in running time. Now I know the reason why the T5's critical threshold is set at 3610mV, by default.

So, I guess using Full Power will not do much for me.

But as I said earlier, I think the T5 would greatly benefit if the battery could charge up to 4200mV. Let me explain why, albeit the graphics say the opposite.

When I had a T3, it charged up to 4200mV. And I had at least a couple of hours until the voltage dropped down to 4000mV, more or less.

So, why not would the T5 gain at least one more hour if it could go up to 4200mV? But I guess they chose longevity against running time.

But I get consistent 6 to 7 hours out of the T5, anyway. But 8 to 9 hours wouldn't hurt, you know :D

I really like your researches, and wish someday we could sit down and exchange some great ideas about this and other stuff.

Thanks!

Igor Porto

4. klw

klw Guest

Thanks for the tip and the test JM! I've set my T3.5 back to 3.6V

5. leenman

leenman Unter-Geek

Does setting the lowest voltage at 3.6 volts mean that in Full Power, you set the Shutdown Voltage at 360?

6. holvoetn

holvoetn Still a moderator ...

@ JungleMike,

1- is there anywhere some more information on FullPower ? (preferably NOT in Russian pls :D )
    2- How do you create these nice graphs ? Which app do you use on the Palm do capture the data and how do you convert it to Excel (or something else ?)

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

7. holvoetn

Just finished my test, with PXA clocker set at half system speed, FullPower set at 3V60. For the rest I used the parameters as set in the T3.5 thread.

5h51, then Batterytime reached the 20% level (3V74 power level) and decided it should stop.
    So I started a new run but ... then these ANNOYING "Critical Battery" screens came popping up every 5 minutes or so ... Isn't this what FullPower is supposed to avoid ?
    I only got 30 minutes more until 10% and 3V69 and then I decided to quit since I was fed up with acknowledging these stupid warnings every 5 minutes ...

Anything which can be done about this because I am certain there is a LOT more juice to be used when I see the results JM has posted ...

8. Macoland

Macoland -=[Macoland]=-

That is what I was wondering... I have not installed it yet on my T3 or TE, but I too think the critical messages would be annoying.. is there a way to disable those?:confused:

9. jpm0083

jpm0083 Mobile Enthusiast

Hi all. I am a recent forumer and wanted to say a big thank you to JungleMike and all other experts for enhancing our T3 experience.

I believe T3's built in gauge, although it adjusts itself somewhat after resetting the voltage, does not behave linearly at the low voltages. Despite the numerous warnings and popups, my T3 with stock battery was indeed able to keep going for a long time after the first battery alarm pops up. I encourage all T3.5 users to keep pushing towards the low voltage barrier as well (of course, back up your data please!)

Having said that, there was a mention back in pg 88 of the monster battery thread about "Profeo SystemAlarm" that may disable the warnings. This is an old program but it appears to wrok for OS5. I am yet to try it myself but hope it helps.

It took me awhile to find the reference so I will just post a direct link to save everyone time:

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=software.showsoftware&PartnerREF=&siteid=1&prodID=61244
    **edit: if this link does not work, please try searching under "Profeo SystemAlarms 0.6" or try the freewarepalm link by the next poster :)

10. holvoetn

Welcome to BrightHand, jpm0083 :D:D:D

And thank YOU for the link !!

I must say, you surely entered the forum in the right supportive way :D
    EDIT: Alas ... the link does not work (not your fault, Palmgear's ...)
    See here this one works (I just downloaded it, I will now start playing with it ...)

11. jpm0083

jpm0083 Mobile Enthusiast

thanks holvoetn. good luck with your next round of battery test.

Just so everyone know, Mobile-Stream is now on version 1.03 (same link).
    There is a little nice documentation included as well.:)

12. fnagle

fnagle Señor Member

I don't know if it's my system of not, but version 1.03 on a T3 doesn't change the values displayed when adjusting the threshold.

The app has also "almost doubled" in size, which is probably due to additional "ads" which change at the top of the screen.

I've removed .03 and reverted back to .02

fnagle

13. holvoetn

:confused: ???
    What do you mean ?
    The values on my display change as expected ...

Attached Files:

14. fnagle

fnagle Señor Member

.03 numbers do not change.

deleted .02 installed .03, went back to .02

fnagle

15. holvoetn

I see ... but my screenshot was made with 1.03 ... :confused:

16. fnagle

fnagle Señor Member

Not to belabor the fact... but

I've deleted .02, soft reset, re-installed .03, soft reset - same results - cannot change the value. The scroll arrow indicates that it has received input (gets highlighted) but the numbers just don't change.

Deleted .03, soft reset, installed .02, soft reset, everything works well. Values change when the scroll arrows are pressed.

I'm only reporting what's been happening on "my" T3.

Should also mention that I've tried it both "in" the charging cradle and "out" of the cradle, thinking when it was charging there may be a problem. There was no difference with either "configuration".

fnagle

17. DeanDC10

DeanDC10 Mobile Deity

I just deleted version 1.01 and installed version 1.03 and it works fine on my T3.

The numbers change as expected and change by "1" number when the arrow is tapped. I think it did every other number on the other version.

18. leenman

leenman Unter-Geek

At the site where you download Full Power, it says:

"To set a low threshold, launch the program and tweak the "Shutdown Voltage" value. To quit the "long battery" mode just soft reset the device. "

What does "to quit the long battery mode" mean?

19. Igor Porto

Igor Porto Bass Luthier

Quiting long battery mode, is just like turning off the program.

To turn off, and recalibrate the battery VU, just soft reset.

Igor

20. Pathdoc

Pathdoc Mobile Deity

I am seeing the same behavior as fnagle. Set voltage back to 3.75. Exited program. DId soft reset. Deleted 1.02. Installed 1.03. When tapping arrows, numbers do not change. Did soft reset. Tried again with no luck.

Does someone have a version of 1.02 that they could send me? If so, drop me a PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.