FAQ 2: Zire 71

Discussion in 'Palm' started by ignavia, Sep 10, 2003.

1. RealBorg

RealBorg Mobile Enthusiast

It would be interesting to know which devices come with the 'Graffiti Library.prc' and 'Graffiti Library_enUS.prc' mentioned in that article - my good old Palm III with PalmOS 3.5 unfortunately does not have these files.

Tom

2. kermitfrog

kermitfrog Newbie

Can anyone help - I'm a COMPLETE newbie.
    I would've posted a new thread but I havn't had Email from site to confirm my registration (yet !!)

Anyway - I would like to know IF there is anyway of taking photos with Zire71 built in camera & transfering them to a Nokia 6610 via Infrared, for storage & not for Emailling etc. (I havn't figured out how to on the phone yet)

Do I need additional software on Zire ???

Each time I try to 'Beam' a photo I get an error fault, something like 'An error has occured'.

I 'switch on' infrared in Nokia & even tried different 'connections' settings on Zire in the Pref menus.

I've tried various photo sizes - No luck
    Installed the 'Phone Link' software - No Luck

I can Beam telephone nos, organiser, memo etc from Nokia to Zire (& back),those I've tried anyway, and I managed to send a photo from Zire to a mates Sony phone (sorry don't know what version, but it had it's own built in camera). It seems it's just the photos !!

Could it be that phone don't like graphics sent to it by Infrared ?!?
    I even put a Phone wallpaper GIF on Zire & tried beaming that over, with the same result - No luck)

ANY help appreciated, & thanx in advance

3. purplepete

purplepete Newbie

4. maceyr

maceyr Palm Explorer