FAQ 2: Zire 71

Discussion in 'Palm' started by ignavia, Sep 10, 2003.

1. Nick Burns

Nick Burns Your Company Computer Guy

I second the motion!

2. ignavia

ignavia Palm user since '98

I'm going to continue to edit the main post with all your additions just to keep them all in one place.

3. ignavia

Madkins, I didn't add your last two because, while they are great questions and answers, pimlico.com is a horse racing site and I couldn't find any English text on the Brando site, much less screen protectors. Can you give me some direct links?

4. WS64

WS64 Mobile Evangelist

I would mention that screen protectors can stop the Zire at responding to user taps if it gets under the edge somewhere...
    And the back to Grafitti 1 tip would be usefull for newbies too (too late for me to change back again)

5. Shawn Parr

Shawn Parr Mobile Deity

www.pimlicosoftware.com.

:)

I've done that many times myself, what do horses have to do with Datebk??

6. madkins007

madkins007 Mobile Deity

Pimlico, as already noted, should be pimlicosoftware. Don't know why I don't have the word 'software' on my URL list, but...

Brando is an odd site. Go to http://shop.brando.com.hk/ and it is in English, but sometimes the www lands you in Japanese- heck, even the right URL sometimes seems to land you somewhere wierd!

I've edited the original post.

7. I've been using my z71 for about 4 months now, it just the past few days that I've discovered that the IR of my Z71 is not functional in receiving data. My friend and I tried to send a photo from his cellphone(nokia 3650) to my z71 and it wont send the photo i dont know why, but i tried to send a photo from my zire to his 3650 and it showed up in his phone.. Next I've tried it with my friends Tungsten T, and on the TT display did not detect a handheld, even when i turned on the beam receive, now i tried to send him an application and it was sent to his TT with no problems. No i concluded that my Z71's IR is defective. Is there a solution to this problem? patch? software's to install? or is this a hardware defect?

8. WS64

WS64 Mobile Evangelist

9. ignavia

OK, I think I'm caught up on all the issues. Any more?

10. imported_StevenGT

imported_StevenGT Moderate Superator

How about PowerRUN?