Extracting pictures from a waterlogged phone

Discussion in 'Other Device Manufacturers' started by sorax3456, Jun 3, 2014.

1. sorax3456

sorax3456 Newbie

Walking home from a friends house last night I got caught in a torrential downpour. My LG VX9200 got absolutely soaked. I not too sad about that as I was planning to get a new phone, but I can't access the pictures I took from that night as the screens are not working right. The pictures were saved on the phone itself, not the Sim card. Anyone have any ideas on how to get them?

2. NetBrakr

NetBrakr Gone With The Wind

Welcome to Brighthand,

According to my research, your basic phone has mass storage mode, which means it can act like USB flash drive when connect to a computer. If you have a micro USB cable, you can try to use that to try transfer the pictures to the computer. BUT before all that, I strongly suggest that you let it dry for couple of days, put it in a rice bag if its possible.

Good luck.

3. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

Rice is often cited to dry out wet gadgets, but it's really ineffective. Don't attach any power to it and remove the battery if possible. Shake off as much water as you can and set it in the sun for a few days.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

scjjtt likes this.
  4. sorax3456

sorax3456 Newbie

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm going to let it dry out for another day and pick up a micro USB cable. I'll let you know how it goes.

jigwashere likes this.
  5. sorax3456

sorax3456 Newbie

It worked! I was able to extract the photos. Thanks everyone!

RickAgresta, lelisa13p and Hook like this.