External Mics and Female Mic Adapters for the T5/TX!

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade' started by WyreNut, Aug 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WyreNut

WyreNut Palm Aficionado

UPDATE: Alas, I have reached the end of my original connector order from 2 years ago, and have not located another source. As of today, July 25, I am ending my manufacturing run of Mics and Female Adapter Cables.

Many, many thanks to those of you who purchased devices from me, and to the many friends I've made from around the world I wish happiness and High Tech satisfaction!

Mark Vail (WyreNut)

Along with the External Microphones I've been making for the T5 and TX Palm PDA's, I'm now making a limited number of Female Mic Adapters that snap into the bottom of your Palm. The adapter allows you to use a "Lapel Mic" (not included) for dictation, or for times when it's more convenient to have your Palm in your pocket. It is a 3.5mm jack which fits "normal" mics.

Here's a picture of them beside Neil Hampton's great VoIP application called "Articulation".

[​IMG]

With my mic or the adapter and your mic, you can now use your T5 or TX to make calls worldwide with a VoIP application, record your kids singing, tune your guitar, use your TX as a Walkie-Talkie, or even command your Palm via Voice Commands!

The price of each accessory is $20 (plus shipping and handling). In the USA, S&H is $6; international S&H ranges from $6-$12 USD.

Email me at markspdaplus [ a t ] yahoo.com for orders or information. I use PayPal primarily, but accept check and Western Union transfers too! I use Priority Mail here in the States, and Global Priority Mail for international shipments.

I take pride in providing personal, fast service, and refuse to have an unhappy customer! :)

Mark Vail ("WyreNut" here on BrightHand.com)

2. mikalo

mikalo PDA amateur

Hi Wyrenut,
    Can the female plug be connected to a stereo microphone? Will the Palm record in stereo or mono?

3. WyreNut

WyreNut Palm Aficionado

Alas Mikalo, the input into the TX is only for mono input. I haven't tested it with a stereo mic, but assume it will work with only one channel recorded...

Wyrenut

4. WyreNut

WyreNut Palm Aficionado

My sincere thanks to all my customers around the world who put their faith in a stranger at the end of an email address!

I just sold my 200th mic last week! :)

WyreNut

5. tmac

tmac Mobile Deity

Was it me?!?

6. WyreNut

WyreNut Palm Aficionado

Heh heh, not quite sure Tmac! It would take quite a bit of bookkeeping for me to pin it down. I keep a folder of "Completed Orders" in my Yahoo account, and decided to see what the count was last week. It was at 195, but I've had many multiple orders where customers have ordered 2,3,4, and 5 mics at a time which would put my total sold over 200! :)

(but if you want to be #200, I'll make it so!) ;)

WyreNut

7. DJ Rome

DJ Rome Tinkerer & Dealer

Do you have a way of making a plug for my hx4700 so that it can record music from a 1/8" cable?

8. tmac

tmac Mobile Deity

LOL, that's cool.

Congratulations on your success! It's well deserved. :D

9. WyreNut

WyreNut Palm Aficionado

Sorry DJ Rome, I am assuming an hx4700 is a WinMob device - I'm not familiar with their pinouts, nor do I have the proper connectors. :(

WyreNut

10. noz12

noz12 Mobile Enthusiast

Congratulations - keep up the good work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.