Exporting, Importing Calendar Data

Discussion in 'Palm General' started by rjbinney, May 2, 2013.

1. rjbinney

rjbinney PDA for my PDA

I need to do a mass edit of a bunch of old calendar data, and clean up some corrupt records.

Instead of going one by one, I was going to dump my datebook.dat file into Excel, clean it up, and reimport it.

I'd used Dimex several years ago to do something similar (actually, I think identical), and it worked fine.

Today, though, trying to re-import the data, it got hung up on events that had an overnight component. My suspicion is that the .dat file has START DATE, START TIME, and END TIME, so when you bring in an over night event, it appears that it ends before it begins.

So does anyone have a better idea? Low cost is great, but effective is more important than software cost, and efficiency is paramount!

Thanks

2. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

If there aren't a lot of the problem records you could re-enter them manually. To do that, while in Excel copy everything to a new tab, and delete the problem-children in the first tab (delete the entire row, and move up the others). I'd do a SaveAs .xls(x){since I don't know what version you have), for backup, then delete the 2nd tab (it was just a backup of the original data), then another SaveAs but csv this time. That should import okay if your analysis of the hangvup was right. HTH, RA

3. rjbinney

rjbinney PDA for my PDA

Yeah, I have hundreds of affected (i.e., overnight) appointments. No way I'm doing that manually!

Thanks, though...