evleaks: Moto Z2 Play slims down at the expense of battery life

Discussion in 'Smartphones' started by Mi An, May 6, 2017.

1. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

https://venturebeat.com/2017/05/05/moto-z2-play-slims-down-at-the-expense-of-battery-life/

The notorious Evan Blass of evleaks is reporting that Motorola will follow up the surprise hit Moto Z Play by kneecaping its best feature: battery life. Moto's own numbers indicate 40% less life. :vbmad: Friggin' morons. :vbmad: Everyone who wanted a thin phone had a Z to buy. Now there is no phone for the people Motorola won over with the Z Play (well, not in the U.S.).

Apparently they don't like all the adoration or money they've been getting as a result of having one model that prioritizes battery. Or this was meant to be an April Fool's prank, but Evan Blass' junk filter snagged it last month.

scjjtt, Hook and RickAgresta like this.
  2. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

I had been contemplating getting my wife a Moto Z droid Play for her Verizon PAYG plan. This news is making me speed up getting my hands on one, hopely this coming payday.

scjjtt and Mi An like this.
  3. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

The leak could be wrong. Last year's Z Play released the vzw version in October and the GSM I think might not have come out till November. I think the flagship release is around the corner, but we might not know for sure for some time about the Play. It just kind of sounds right, ya know? If you fall in love with something, of course the company that makes it needs to crush it to dust.

If true, I hope the market gets just angry enough to make Moto overcorrect and put a 7000mah battery alongside a 7nm chipset geared like the 625 in the Z3 Play, because why shouldn't a phone last a week on a charge and have enough left over to top off your laptop?

scjjtt, RickAgresta, Hook and 2 others like this.