Evernote for Android Now with Skitch Integration, Offline Search, Slideshow View, and More!

Discussion in 'Android OS' started by hal, Sep 6, 2011.

1. hal

hal itchy and cold feet hal

2. Hook

Hook Hookette's edgy lately

I'm guessing Skitch is a lot better on tablets than smartphones. But I ditched Evernote long ago. I like to keep my notes basic and simple. I was using Simplenote, but now that I have full USB sync for Outlook, I just use Outlook and Deja Office.
  3. Stryker

Stryker Mobile Evangelist

Giving it a spin... may have to force Skitch to memory card if App2sd isn't enabled for it; wonder if that will affect functionality.
  4. hal

OK, that's a feature to take care of. Now, just for the record, I am unaware of how did integration between Evernote and Skitch has been achieved.

Remind me, how did you achive full USB sync for Outlook? :confused:
  5. Hook

Hook Hookette's edgy lately

6. Stryker

Been using it today, albeit it for more business-y type deals than fun. I like it.

Skitch allows you to superimpose notes and sketches and such on pics. I use it for note-taking kind of how I did with the old Palm Memo program. It then allows you to share the note or upload to Evernote.

I am using it on a home repair project... taking pics and making notes directly on the image. Also using it to categorize mission opportunities.

Mostly, I just use the blank slate to write with fingers.
  7. hal

Ah! Deja Office. In the recent days, I've been unable to follow all your development with Android. I remember you started using DO, but I didn't get to the point where it was revealed as a good Android-Outlook handcuff.

So, the assembly is using Skitch on the mobile device, the data gets stored locally, and eventually stored in Evernote. Very insightful, pal. I wasn't aware of the mechanics of Skitch/Evernote.
  8. Stryker

Yep, trhat is pretty much how it works. You make the "skitch", and then you can save lt locally, email it, share it to social networs -- or simply save it to Evernote.

The minimalist part of me would have preferred that they just roll Skitch into Evernote as one app, but it's a decent collaborative tool.