Email Notification

Discussion in 'Android OS' started by NetBrakr, Sep 17, 2014.

1. NetBrakr

NetBrakr Gone With The Wind

Thanks Scott.

The reason I don't use email client, primary privacy concerns. I dont want any random people reading my emails that's stored on my phone. Yes I know that accessing email by browser is a pain for some people, but for me, I am fine with that.

2. SGosnell

SGosnell (retired) Palm Pilot

Well, whatever works for you.

RickAgresta likes this.
  3. RickAgresta

RickAgresta General Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

you can use the phone's/device's lock-screen, NetB. also, many of the individual clients make it an option to stay logged into the client all the time, i.e.,optional to *not* need a password everytime to access emails on phone.

Realize it's your choice, but other than special reasons, I don't use a web browser on my phone/tablet for emails, too slow&clunky. YMMV :vbgrin:

4. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

NetBrakr, in my reading I failed to see your word, "notification." While I may read fast, often my comprehension level is not very good (don't mention this to my wife who is a public teacher and a good one who also has, among many things, a reading endorsement/certificate - not sure what it is called - but most teachers don't have whatever she has with reading. BY THE WAY, Tuesday she is being honored as "Elementary Teacher of the Month" in the Mesa school district. It may not seem like a big thing - but Mesa has 55 Elementary schools {Mesa is the largest school district in AZ}. She does not know this is happening and thinks she is going to the board meeting to support another teacher).

Anyway, back to subject, what you need is something like AOL had years ago, you need something that cries out, "You Got Mail!"

I guess I would rather secure my phone than having slow email access. YMMV. Let us know if you find anything.

Sent from my HP TouchPad with CM9 using Tapatalk

lelisa13p and jigwashere like this.
  5. NetBrakr

*acting like a kid* Ohhhhhh, I AM TELLING!! :D

lelisa13p and scjjtt like this.
  6. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

Acting? ;) :D

raspabalsa, lelisa13p and scjjtt like this.
  7. NetBrakr

You are MEANIE, jiggy-jog! :D

lelisa13p and scjjtt like this.
  8. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

Take a look at CloudMagic. It's an Android email client that has a lot of interesting features, including a passcode lock. With a passcode lock, you'd be able to feel comfortable that no one would be able to access your emails on your device.

I haven't tried CloudMagic, but Lifehacker seemed to like it last year. The article states the pro features, like passcode lock, are $50, but I see no indication of that on the Play store. http://lifehacker.com/cloudmagic-searches-all-your-inboxes-in-real-time-1457216871

EDIT: There are also so-called 'app lock' apps that allow you to password protect pretty much any app on your device.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
    scjjtt likes this.
  9. NetBrakr

Hmmm I will take a look at it. Thanks for the tip.