Email Notification

Discussion in 'Android OS' started by NetBrakr, Sep 17, 2014.

1. NetBrakr

NetBrakr Gone With The Wind

Hi all,

I am looking for a good/simple email notification app for android. I would like an app that can notify me whenever I have email for Yahoo and Mail.com. If not, then probably Yahoo is good enough.

I preferred to be free app, because well, I am cheap. :p hehe

Thanks guys.

2. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

K-9 Mail. It is all I use across my 2 phones & tablet, (although in Chrome I just log into the Webmail). What I especially like about it - 4 accounts all in 1 place plus I can have different signatures for each account. I've been happy with it for 3.5 years. Also, when I file emails in folders they are placed in the right folder of Google or Yahoo).

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

3. NetBrakr

Scott, I installed it, but it said it doesnt support most free email service. I just need an app that notify me whenever i have new email, not an email client.

4. RickAgresta

RickAgresta General Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

NetB, it works fine for Yahoo and Hotmail/Outlook

5. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

NetBrakr, I can't think of any notification app for email that isn't a client, at least not a mobile app. What are you using today? Aren't you accessing your mail.com and Yahoo mail using a client, or are you using the mobile browser? If that's the case, there's an add-on for Firefox called X-notifier lite that looks marginally promising (3 stars with 2,660 users). There are email notifiers for Chrome desktop, but I don't think they work with the mobile app.

6. NetBrakr

jig: On PC, I am using Pidgin (IM client) for my Yahoo mail notification. And I am just manual checking mail for Mail.com.

Yes, I am accessing both mails using the mobile browser.

7. SGosnell

SGosnell (retired) Palm Pilot

That's a masochistic way of dealing with email. Using a browser on a phone for email is painful at best. Any particular reason for not using an email client? There are many that work. I use the built-in Android email app, but as I said there are many in the store.

scjjtt likes this.
  8. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

I also recommend finding a decent email client, but I think 'masochistic' is a bit strong. I sometimes find the 2 Android email clients I use limiting and use the browser to perform certain functions (especially search and dealing with large attachments). Does free Yahoo mail even allow POP or IMAP? It didn't previously.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

9. RickAgresta

RickAgresta General Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

It does, but I don't know which :vbrolleyes:
    There are also apps for the popular services, including Yahoo!, Outlook / Hotmail

10. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

NetBrakr - I'm not sure what why it says that. I have Google, Yahoo (I use to have 2 different Yahoo accounts coming in - now just one), Hotmail and our church's email (although I have it forward to my Gmail account but if I compose or reply it comes from my church account. Also, in Gmail on Chrome, I have it as a default looking as if it comes from my church IMAP account).

I say, install it and then put your accounts on.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

Sent from my HP TouchPad with CM9 using Tapatalk