Ecco Pro still alive. PIM Manager

Discussion in 'Applications/Utilities (Palm OS)' started by DigitalDiva, Nov 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DigitalDiva

DigitalDiva Palm TX User

I was researching outliners and happened upon this website. Apparently, this was very popular software at one time. I don't know what happened but it stopped being developed. It's back. It's open source. I've read some excellent reviews on it. I'm going to give it a try. It's not just an outliner. It's a total package calendar, outliner, and contact manager and it links to Word and Excel if I remember correctly. I've haven't read it thoroughly.

I just downloaded Bonsai today so it might be a couple of days until I get to try this one but wanted to let people know it's back in case anyone is interested. So far, I like Bonsai better than Shadow Plan and Progect. I'm not knocking the other two. It's just a personal preference so far. I'd like to Ecco Pro also.

It has a desktop and Palm version and it syncs.

http://www.compusol.org/ecco/

Addendum: After reading further, I realized you must register for $10 to download and access their forums for support.

2. Josser

Josser Mobile Deity

It does not support the newer extended PIMs. I would not trust it with my data.

3. dmccunney

dmccunney Mobile Deity

Is there an actual Palm client, or does the Ecco desktop simply have the capability to sync with the built in Palm apps?
    ______
    Dennis

4. Hook

Hook Naked and Unbroken

You might want to trial Splash Notes before you decide. I tried all of the above and finally decided on Splash Notes, though truth to tell it won out over Bonsai because of cheaper price and my general happiness with Splash Data as a company. Bonsai is a fine product.

5. Haisook

Haisook Med Student

ThoughtManager is good too. It's pretty similar to Splash Note, btw. I like how it's so simple yet still adequate.

6. DigitalDiva

DigitalDiva Palm TX User

dmccunnery, Yes, EccoPro has a Palm client version but since Josser said it doesn't support newer extended PIMs I don't think I'll try it. I'm using a TX.

Hook, Splash notes looks interested. I like how it will import Word documents. I'll probably give it a try also.

Haisook, I thought about Thought Manager but liked how Bonsai would like to Contacts and DateBk. I'll probably stick with Bonsai because of the easy linking ability, even though it's $10 more than Splashnotes.