Droid Pro

Discussion in 'Motorola' started by rkevwill, Jun 24, 2012.

1. rkevwill

rkevwill Mobile Deity

Having converted from a BB, to an iPhone, or rather using ONLY an iPhone now. I have been watching the Motorola Droid pro. Has anyone had any experience with it? Hows the keyboard? I read the report here, but it was a bit older. Is there a plan to upgrade this pro with a more modern OS? I do like the portrait keyboard. Any comments on your experience would be most appreciated.

2. LeftCoastNerdGirl

LeftCoastNerdGirl Mobile Deity

I had a Droid Pro. Loved it!! Until the moment I dropped it face down on the gravel driveway... :(

Great phone. I got it because the keyboard is similar to the BB Curve I had before it.

3. Adama D. Brown

Adama D. Brown Brighthand Reviewer

There's not really any odds of it getting a newer OS. There won't be any official updates, and a quick check of XDA-Developers shows that there isn't really any community building third-party ROMs at the moment.

4. Varjak

Varjak Mobile Deity

A good friend has the Droid 4, which is pretty amazing; but a bit brickish in size and weight.

5. rkevwill

rkevwill Mobile Deity

I saw today, the new BB N series, which is their OS10 with keyboard, is scheduled for early 2013. I can wait that long for a new Business phone (with keyboard), that is.......if BB even exists first quarter of 2013. If not, I may indeed pick up the latest version of this Droid Pro. Or, check out one of the other android devices with keyboard. I really don't like the landscape slide out keyboard that others offer. I will have to actually hold the droid pro, for the feel and pocketworthiness of it, but a little heft doesn't bother me. Thanks for the insight!

6. rkevwill

rkevwill Mobile Deity

I would think Google would provide android updates for this, now that Moto is in the family. Perhaps I am giving them too much credit.

7. Adama D. Brown

Adama D. Brown Brighthand Reviewer

Unfortunately, no. Nothing older than the Droid Bionic is going to get a 4.0 upgrade.