Droid going crazy!

Discussion in 'Motorola' started by Corster3, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Corster3

Corster3 Newbie

I have the original Droid and everytime I try to use it, it clicks things at random. Tries to email people, text people, searchs the internet, all by itself.

I cleared the cache, and it worked for about 20 minutes. So I did a factory reset however now its going crazy on the activate screen clicking random buttons as I'm trying to activate it (so activation is not possible).

Has anyone ever had this issue or know how to fix it?

Thanks!! :)

2. Adama D. Brown

Adama D. Brown Brighthand Reviewer

Welcome to Brighthand. This may sound strange, but have you tried giving the screen a good cleaning? Sometimes debris, oil, or moisture on a touchscreen can make it go haywire. If that's not it, you might be facing a hardware failure, and need to replace the touchscreen.

3. Corster3

Corster3 Newbie

Hi Adama,
    I did clean it, a couple of times. But surprisingly enough I tried again to activate it this morning, I held my finger down on the screen and then used the slide out keyboard to press the 1 and it worked. It was going crazy until I just held my finger down on it, then it activated, however after activation it continued to go crazy so I didn't get to setup a Google account. Pulled out the battery let it still for a while and now its working and is still working, (fingers crossed) it keeps working.

Thanks for the tip :).