Double Entries/Tasks during TX - Win7 HotSync

Discussion in 'Sync (Windows/Palm OS)' started by jmcshe, Aug 14, 2012.

1. jmcshe

jmcshe Newbie

I get two entries for Date Book, Address Book, To Do List, and Memo Pad during HotSync. It seems to skip the first entry but does complete the second entry and completes without error. Is there any fix for this?

2. Ixchel

Ixchel Mobile Consultant

Please be more specific about your problem. Are the double entries appearing in both your pda and on your computer or just one. Is limited to new data entered? What do you mean by "first" and "second" entries?

3. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Agreed. You need to give more details. Are you referencing your hotsync log entries? Hotsync Manager will show conduits for both older style and newer PIM data but you should only have the conduits turned ON for Calendar, Contacts, Tasks and Memos because those are the ones used by TX.

4. jmcshe

jmcshe Newbie

Sorry I wasn’t clearer. What I mean is that when I hit the HotSync button, the “HotSync Progress (User Joe)" window appears and I click on the Details >> button, on the PC there should be one line for each item that is being HotSynced. In my case there are two entries each for Date Book, Address Book, To Do List, and Memo Pad.

What I meant by “skip the first entry” is that when HotSyncing under the "Process" column there is no time spent S"ynchronizing", it just jumps to "Done". When on the “second entry” it takes some time during the "Synchronizing" phase before being "Done".

Attaches is a Pix of the HotSync Progress window
    Hope this helps

This probably isn't a big thing, it's just that it doesn't seem right. Hopefully it's not doing anything bad to my data.

Joe

Attached Files:

5. Hook

Hook Nexus or Nothin'

I'm stumped on this one. I have been away from my Palm TX long enough that it is getting harder to remember stuff. I don't remember seeing this problem, and I suspect this is Palm Desktop 6, which I never used.

The critical question to me is, do things end up being properly synced? If so, it is probably a minor annoyance and carry on.

Don't know why conduits are being listed twice. You could check your list of conduits in the Hot Sync manager (in Palm Desktop versions before 6, you would do this by right clicking on the hotsync icon and selecting "Customize.") If you only see one of each there, and I guess you will, then the double listing is just a process thing and not to worry. If you find more than one of each conduit, experiment with setting one or the other to "do nothing" and see what happens.

That's really all I can think of. Maybe someone else has an idea.

RickAgresta likes this.
  6. jmcshe

jmcshe Newbie

Thanks Hook.

I don't have Customize when I right click on HotSync Manager 7.0.2, but I have "Settings" then "Applications". I then get a list of the various Applications with a checkbox and details of the action to be taken. There is only one entry per application.

One thing odd that I just noticed this morning is that there are double entries for the affected applications even if I have the application configured to "Do Nothing" during synchronization.

7. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

But how are the results on the device itself? If all is well on the device & no entries are duplicated, I'd check that box that says "Don't show this dialog box during Sync" shown in the picture that you posted. Then you won't be annoyed by the discrepancies. That version of Desktop/Hotsync was cobbled together with only basic functions in order to work with Windows Vista and wasn't made by Palm. Hotsync v.6.0.1 was the last full featured reliable release.

jigwashere likes this.
  8. Hook

Hook Nexus or Nothin'

I agree with Lelisa13p, which is why I said that was the critical question. If everything is syncing fine, then you can stop caring what the synchronization program thinks it is doing. I try to ignore logs most of the time. ;)

9. dksurfer

dksurfer Newbie

My problem is the syncing stops when it gets to where duplication of tasks begins. One Datebook entry will say "done" and the other will say "synchronizing" but never come to an end - and no synchronization takes place on my datebook/calendar on my desktop although I've even specified for the Handheld to override the Desktop. Any idea why synchronization stops at that point, or what I can do to persuade it to do what it incorrectly says it's doing?