Does anyone have a download for Facebook 1.5?

Discussion in 'Blackberry' started by gohanssjn, Jun 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gohanssjn

gohanssjn Mobile Deity

1.6 lags like crazy on my 8330, while 1.5 ran fine, even on my 8130.

Thanks for any help!

2. r0k

r0k Dazed

It's up over at Crackberry, if you don't mind using a zip version. For an OTA version, you might be out of luck now that 1.6 is out.

3. gohanssjn

gohanssjn Mobile Deity

I may be stuck with 1.6. I Tried uninstalling, resetting, installing, resetting, but no joy. If 1.6 is installed it shows up fine, if 1.5 is installed, I get no icon :(

4. r0k

r0k Dazed

BB os is a bit of a mess. It's java based and for this reason it is shall we say, not deterministic. For instance, as your memory (called "file free" on BB OS) fills up, the OS does "garbage collection" and deletes call logs, messages and when these are gone it moves on to data. :eek: For this reason, you must be disciplined about watching your "file free". I leave my Options app on Status so that when I hit O from the home screen, I see my file free immediately. If it's close to 0, I do a switch application and exit any apps I have running that aren't part of the "mandatory 5" (browser, messages, home screen, browser and BB messenger). If this doesn't work, I do a power off and power on. This normally gets me between a few hundred K and a few meg. If not, I follow up with a battery pull which always gets me over 7 meg filefree. I'm running docs2go on OS 4.5 on an 8830 so I know I'm exceeding the recommended memory footprint for apps. I've got my eye on Niagara (Tour) because it has 256 meg storage which should be enough for all my 3rd party apps without all this battery pull to get filefree nonsense.

You can connect to your PC and use Blackberry Desktop Manager to delete the offending program. Then make sure it's not there (options->advanced->applications) and do a battery pull after the deletion to make sure it's fully gone. Then you can try to install 1.5 again. I've never tried rolling back an app before but I did have a devil of a time with Magmic Sudoku. I deleted it and reinstalled it but it kept coming back with corrupted data and preferences. Finally I went to Options->Advanced->Applications->Delete and sat through the obligatory reset after deletion and it was gone. But when I reinstalled it, it seemed to still remember my registration, but at least the corruption was gone. :rolleyes: So even after brute force deletion, at least one preference was still hanging around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.