Does Anyone Actually Use the Android OS Word Completion?

Discussion in 'Android OS' started by Ed Hardy, Dec 8, 2010.

1. palmgeek5394

palmgeek5394 Nokia N800 + HTC Wizard

Arkansas (In The Middle of Absolutely Nowhere) Dev
    The only autocorrect/word suggestion I ever use is the one on my N800, and that's because it's easier than poking at the tiny keyboard for every letter with my finger (I'm too lazy to get the stylus out). Most people I know who have an iPhone or Android have turned the word completion off.

2. ryanmacmohan

ryanmacmohan Mobile Enthusiast

Yes, the android word completion is really irritating.. it is always gr8t to go for a secondary application for texting... eg swype, swiftkey, Adaptxt(android version will be out soon:) )

3. Mi An

Mi An Mobile Deity

I never used it. Last time I used any predictive text was on my mitsubishi t250 circa 2000. Was impressed with it. Haven't been impressed since, until recently using swiftkey. I have it set to manual right now because I was skeptical when I installed it, but it's quite good. Even with punctuation.

I saw a twitter feed that was embedded next to a story I was reading in which a fairly major reporter referred to a group of people who had been asking about a story as "twerps". My eyes widened -- he was a reporter, not a pundit. As the widget scrolled, his next tweet cursed the ipad's autocomplete and corrected it as "tweeps". =) Can't remember which paper or even which reporter anymore, but I wonder if the two incidents were related.

4. Hook

Hook Naked and Unbroken

Revisiting this thread after all this time, I have to say the Gingerbread word complete is outstanding. I rarely type more than 3 or 4 letters of a word. It is quite accurate, even with invented words (after learning) like "Hookette."

5. holvoetn

holvoetn Still a moderator ...

That and using Swype makes word completion and text input on Android even better then it was with PalmOS/TextPlus.

6. ryanmacmohan

ryanmacmohan Mobile Enthusiast

Please try swiftkey/swype/flex T9 they work much much better than the default android input system