Documents to Go not on my PDA

Discussion in 'PDAs and Handhelds' started by Bryce_in_TX, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Bryce_in_TX

Bryce_in_TX Mobile Enthusiast

Hi to the forum. I'm a newbie to the forum but not to pcs. I just got a Palm TX by mail, it's new. Not sure of the version of Palm OS it has. DocstoGo Pro is dated 7-29-2005. I can hot sync after downloading the win7x64 files mentioned on this board, but my Documents to Go on my Laptop computer won't load onto my PDA. I don't have that software to use on the PDA. Any ideas why I can't download it from the desktop to the PDA? Thanks for any help.

2. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

Welcome to Brighthand, Bryce_in_TX

What version of Windows, DocsToGo and PalmDesktop you're using? Have you checked the PalmDesktop Install folder? Depending on the Windows and PalmDesktop versions you have, it may be in any of a number of locations, for example My Documents / Palm OS Desktop / <truncated hotsync name> / Install. The Install folder is where PalmDesktop places the files that are queued for installation during the next hotsync. See if the .PRC and .PDB files that make up DocsToGo are there. If not, then they haven't been queued for installation. If you have the DocsToGo installer, run it again, and when asked select your TX's hotsync name so they can be reinstalled. Another option is to decompress the DocsToGo installer, inside you'll find the .PRC and .PDB files. You can then drag and drop them to the Install folder, then do a hotsync.

Hope this helps.

lelisa13p, Hook, Bryce_in_TX and 4 others like this.
  3. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

Welcome to Brighthand, Bryce_in_TX! On your TX, make sure you're looking under the 'All' category. On the main screen, upper right corner, select 'All' from the dropdown.

lelisa13p, RickAgresta, Hook and 2 others like this.
  4. Bryce_in_TX

Bryce_in_TX Mobile Enthusiast

Thanks, for the replies. I got it working now. I had more than one user setup, why I don't know, so I am guessing that had something to do with it. Looks like I have to buy DoctoGo? I am using a trial version. I had a registration number on the version 4 Palm desktop, but I upgraded to version 11 of Docstogo (I think the original version that came with Palm desktop verson 4 was version 7) and the registration number disappeared. I guess this is trial software no matter what version.

lelisa13p and jigwashere like this.
  5. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

I don't think you can purchase a registration number for DocsToGo anymore. But maybe you can get help from Chris Short at PalmDr. He sells original Palm installation CDs for several models, and if my memory serves me right, those CDs came with a DocsToGo regisration number for one of several bundled versions (4.003 to 6.005 or later, I don't remember). You can check his inventory here, or write him to see how he can help you.