Do you have experience using Miracast?

Discussion in 'Other Platforms' started by jigwashere, Jun 3, 2014.

1. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

Miracast, which allows you do mirror the display on one device to a TV or monitor through a WiFi direct connection, seems like it'd be pretty cool to use. I can stream audio and photos from my LG G2 to my Roku device, but not video. Miracast would allow me to mirror whatever is on my G2 to a TV.

Miracast dongles for TVs w/o that feature built in vary in price from the $20s on up, and user reviews seem mixed in terms of stability, connection quality, and lag.

I do have an adapter to connect my G2 to my TV via HDMI, which is nice, but being able to do it wirelessly would be better. I doubt I'd run out an buy one right away, but if folks could report on their experiences with it, that might sway me one way or the other.

So. Anyone on the forum have hands-on experience? Any Brighthand reviewers willing to review a couple of these devices? :newpalm: Come on, Adama - don't let me down! :D

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

RickAgresta, Mi An and scjjtt like this.
  2. CLeonard

CLeonard Brighthand Site Admin Super Moderator

I have no experience, but would certainly like to read a review. Seems like a cool product.

Mi An likes this.
  3. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

Sounds interesting, although I'd not heard of it before. Sounds a bit like what DLNA is supposed to do, which is a universal-ish protocol, except for Apple.

4. TechBayArea

TechBayArea Newbie

I started using Miracast last year. It's easy to setup because routers are not required. My Miracast receiver came in handy when I was traveling on a business trip. I used the Actiontec ScreenBeam Pro Receiver and watched my favorite movies in the hotel room.