Do all AT&T phones cover all available bands?

Discussion in 'AT&T' started by Jalk19, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Jalk19

Jalk19 Newbie

When you purchase an AT&T phone does it come enabled to access all of the bands that AT&T is capable of covering? I ask because I travel a lot and in lower coverage areas I wonder if it is possible to drop down to a lower tech setting and pick up coverage. I’m thinking about this some of the specs for their phones note that they do not provide access to the 700 MHz (band 17), but some of them are rated for it.

2. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Not to be a smart-mouth, but doesn't that answer your question? Apologies if I've misunderstood your point.

3. Jalk19

Jalk19 Newbie

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the response. I don't think I put it forward in a clear enough manner. Some of the phones on their specific specs do not show that they are capable of reaching certain bands, but AT&T rates them for access to such bands. Do I trust the phone specs or AT&T here?

4. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Ah, understand better now. I'd do my own research on a site such as Phone Arena - Phone News, Reviews and Specs -- they generally do a very good job, ime. I'd suggest looking at one or two of the devices in question there. Keep in mind that an unlocked international version of a phone is something of an odd duck, in that while it might work on AT&T, it may be missing either the bands or internal settings, for fastest data connections. Lots of variables.