Discussions About Software Keyboards? (2019 -)

Discussion in 'General Smartphone/Handheld/Wearable Discussion' started by raspabalsa, Feb 4, 2020.

1. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

<smart arse>Can't you just type everything in upper case so you don't need accents? ;). </smart arse>

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

2. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

<sigh> No way... I write caps with accents too: Á, É, Í, Ó, Ú :p

3. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

<wonders Rick, 'does Morse code include accent marks?'>

4. raspabalsa

< Mr. Smartypants smugly enters stage left> Apparently, yes. Here is an excerpt from that page:

morse.jpg

Not all accents are there, and in fact accents used in Spanish are not there. But the Ñ is included. And Rick said "accent marks", not "Spanish accent marks" :p

< Mr Smartypants bows deeply, then graciously exits stage left, heading in the direction of the beer cooler>

5. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

When they need an accent mark, I think these guys just lift a leg:

[​IMG]

6. raspabalsa

The scene where the two kids use flag signals to relay orders during the attack on the floating atoll is one of my favorites in the movie Waterworld. I actually enjoyed the movie. Dumb as hell, but fun to watch.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
  7. raspabalsa

I'm testing Gboard again. I signed to the beta, and even though it still says that auto space after punctuation only works in English, I'm testing it and it does work for Spanish too ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BTW, I haven't copied my shortcuts from SwiftKey to Gboard. I had to switch to Swiftkey to write that smiley :D

I'm also testing swiping instead of tapping. I can already say that Gboard is eerily accurate at this. I can't yet stop my eyes from following the swipes, and I can't still match my usual speed, but I'll see if I can improve on this. Yes, I know it's Valentine's, but I'm still 4 days away from going to see Mrs R, and I'm -again- celebrating Valentine's Day Han's way... Solo :(

scjjtt, RickAgresta and Hook like this.
  8. Hook

Hook Professional Daydreamer

You can disable the gesture trails in glide settings. I find it too weird to not have the trails as there is no feedback and then you lift your finger and a word magically appears. Up to you. :vbwink:

9. raspabalsa

Thanks, Hook. The problem is not the trail, because my eyes follow my own finger as it glides. I just disabled the trail and my eyes are still following my index finger. And yes, it's weird to have the words appear out of nowhere. Too spooky for me... I just re-enabled the trail :)

10. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

I don't have to use accents or another language so Graffiti Pro continues to be my only choice for input on my phones & tablets.

With so many old Palm users here I'm surprised I'm the only one who still uses it.

It will be a SAD day if Graffiti Pro is no long available for me. Graffiti is all I've used since Palm days in 1998.

Sent from my LG v10 using Tapatalk

RickAgresta, lelisa13p, Hook and 2 others like this.