Disaster Strikes BH Member

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by cassidy0423, Apr 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cassidy0423

cassidy0423 Bad Robot

We often state that many of us belonging to Brighthand feel like the forum is a kind of "virtual" family, with a true sense of of caring and community. I hope that is especially true today as one of our family needs that spirit of support.

Minimalposter began his work day in the normal way yesterday, less than six hours laters, he was homeless and didn't own anything except what he was wearing and carrying in his briefcase. A fire swept thru his apartment building, and his residence was one of six totally destroyed. Thankfully, no one was injured.

I cannot imagine what the next days and weeks will hold for our friend, but I hope everyone will let him know that we care by posting in this thread, sending a PM, or you can contact me and I will forward your messages to him.

We love you Curtis

cassi

2. shawnlux

shawnlux Used PDA Parts Rep.

If there is anything we can do let me know. I am sorry to hear about this tragedy! It can only get better from here.

3. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

How aweful! I'm sure glad no one was hurt. Take good care, MP! I can't imagine what it's like for you right now, but be assured my thoughts and prayers are with you.

4. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

I'm shocked to know this. However, it's a relief to know that he's physically well. I can't help feeling a sense of frustration for being so far from a friend in times of need. I'm very sad to know about this tragedy, Curtis.

5. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

I'm truly sorry to hear of your loss MP. I can't imagine what you're going though. It's got to be a nightmare at the least.

Hang in there buddy.

6. Hook

Hook Caught Watching Prawn

I'm stunned, I don't know what to say. I had very close firends of mine who went through the same experience so I have some clue how truly devastating and angering it is. My thoughts and prayers are with you, MP. Please keep in touch, at least through Cassi (I have no idea if this has left you with any way to stay directly in touch).

My deepest sympathy.

7. cassidy0423

cassidy0423 Bad Robot

The only two gadgets he had with him was his TX and his XM mp3 player. Hopefully his TX battery will last until I can get a charger to him as that will be his only connection for a bit. His beloved MAC was a fire casualty.

cassi

8. Nine

Nine Ooh NO, missus...

My thoughts are with you at this dreadful time, Curtis. I am very, very glad to hear you are unharmed, however. :(

9. Josser

Josser Mobile Deity

Glad to hear you are unharmed MP. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

10. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

I'm stunned, too, mp. also, of course, very glad you weren't hurt. I'll be in touch, Curtis. Rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.