Digifix v1.2.1 ????

Discussion in 'Palm' started by John Tighe, Jun 8, 2012.

1. John Tighe

John Tighe Mobile Consultant

If you still have the app, could you please send it to me. I can't find a site that still has it. I just picked up a TX, and as I get to the bottom of the screen the target area gets further away from the stylus until it off the screen at the very bottom.

2. Hook

Hook Hookette says 'Tis the season!

3. wozofoz

wozofoz Time Traveller

4. Hook

Hee hee Grated mimes... ;-)

5. John Tighe

John Tighe Mobile Consultant

How is this app better than the regular one?
    I had hoped the app would do is eliminate the "graffiti" zone that is still present during Palm's touchscreen app. My touchscreen is accurate in the main area, but the further down into the graffiti zone the area of the virtual screen grows. At the very bottom of the scree, where the little buttons are for WiFi, Bluetooth, etc. are, the target zone for these is off the screen. Without the graffiti zone gone, I thought that I would be able to calibrate the problem away.

Thanks for the link.

6. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

The only app that makes a full-screen calibration (including the graffiti area) is PowerDigi by PalmPowerUps. This may solve the problem with your screen. Be aware though, that this app is quite pricey ($16.95), and the developer is notorious for often dropping out of sight, so if you have a problem with registration it may take weeks for him to respond. Also, this app may not be the solution. If the digitizer no longer has a linear response, as seems to be your case (my TX had the exact same problem) then this app may reduce the error, but probably will not fix it fully. Often in this case the best solution is to replace the whole digitizer assembly with a glass one, which are much higher quality and precision than the original plastic ones and do not suffer from digitizer drift, dead spots, or mad digitizer syndrome. If interested, contact Chris Short at PalmDr for more info and a quote. You can either get the new digitizer and install it yourself, or you can send him your whole unit so he can do it.

EDIT: I just remembered there is another app that makes full-screen calibration: myKbd by Alex Pruss. You may want to try this too, although back when he added this feature he told me it was not designed to deal with non-linear digitizers, so it may not solve your TX's problem.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
  7. Hook

Actually, I would second the vote for a new digitizer. The TX original digitizers were pretty bad. Chris will replace it with a glass-backed digitizer that will amaze you in it's accuracy and feel. Well worth the investment. I had it done to my TX in 2008 and I have actually had to calibrate it maybe twice in that entire time. My TX is still going strong.