Diff between my National 1000 plan and new Mobile Share plans?

Discussion in 'AT&T' started by tbessie, May 4, 2014.

1. Adama D. Brown

Adama D. Brown Brighthand Reviewer

I suppose it depends on how you value customer service. I almost never talk to CS, and assume that I'm going to get terrible service no matter where I am. (I am never disappointed.) So for me, another $15 a month would be worth it.

2. tbessie

tbessie PIM-Loving Maniac

Well, today I finally switched to use the Mobile Share plan; I asked the guy a bunch of questions about differences between the plans (my old grandfathered National 1000 plan with "unlimited" data (not really - 2gb, but it was still called "unlimited" in the plan)), and it seemed like there really weren't any; I get unlimited talk and text, so he said, and 2gb data as before.

I didn't ask if there's any data speed change or if I get charged for calls made at peak times or anything like that, but I don't think I do.

I still don't quite get why I'd get the same thing I've been getting for $30-$50 less than I've been paying. I still suspect a catch, but I'll find out soon enough I guess.

- Tim

Hook likes this.
  3. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

My guess is that it's like Verizon's plan, and you're reaping the benefits of giving up an unlimited/legacy plan. As long as you don't go over the GB limit I can't imagine you'll have any issues with the new plan-again, my experience is only with Verizon, but there's no time based caps or anything similar. It's just a straight up bucket o' data and unlimited texting and calling, which sounds great but I haven't gone over on minutes in 12 years, so unlimited voice is wasted on me. :)

Hook likes this.