Desktop lost user name - can not reconnect DT to personal data.

Discussion in 'Palm General' started by Jerry_NJ, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Jerry_NJ

Jerry_NJ Mobile Deity

I moved the Palm Desktop 6.2.2 data folder Palm OS desktop from its place in the windows 7 file structure to an off line backup. This is the file I make frequent backup copies off, and when (not if) that data gets clobbered I simply replace it with the most recent backup Palm OS desktop folder. Then all is fine again.

So getting ready to do a Windows 10 update I figure with that data off my HDD I do not have to worry about my personal information stored on the Palm falling into the hands of others. I figure when the update is done all I have to do is copy the off line saved Palm OS desktop folder.

Sadlly the W10 update failed, happily the computer reverted back to the W7 state prior to the attempt to update, including Palm DT 6.2.2 absent the data. I copied the data back into the Palm DT expected location and no go ! I was asked for the User Name... I can't remember what I used, that was never necessary for any of my recoveries of the past. I can not find a way to marry my Palm DT with the data I have available for use...can anyone tell me what to do?

2. Jerry_NJ

Jerry_NJ Mobile Deity

Sorry for the error post. My plan works. I forgot to rename the data file I patched in to bring the data into the empty Palm DT... I changed to the active name Palm uses, and bing-bang-boom the data is there all is right with the world.. no not that good.

Hope you see this before trying to figure out how find my mistake. Perhaps it would be best to remove this post.

lelisa13p and jigwashere like this.