Dell Wasabi Ultramobile Photo Printer Review Discussion

Discussion in 'Headline News' started by SarahM, May 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SarahM

SarahM Newbie

<p>Remember the days when you would "shake it like a Polaroid picture?" Well,&nbsp;OutKast may want to consider revising those&nbsp;lyrics because Dell has introduced a new player in the inkless printer world, the Dell Wasabi.</p> <p>A variety of devices, from smartphones to cameras to&nbsp;laptops, can send images to this accessory, and have them printed out at 2 by 3 inches.</p>

Read the full content of this Article: Dell Wasabi Ultramobile Photo Printer Review

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2014
  2. palmgeek5394

palmgeek5394 Nokia N800 + HTC Wizard

I have been looking at these for a while, and I want one. I find the Polaroid comment a bit ironic because Polaroid (and Kodak, IIRC) actually does make one just like Dell's called the PoGo. It uses the same paper, too. ;)

I can confirm that since the iPhone does not support sending and receiving files via BT (and anything else that isn't a mono headset), it will not work with an iPhone (But it will work with a three-year-old freebie Nokia. :D ). Polaroid says this, and they actually did have something telling any iUser to take it to Apple if they wanted to use this. :D I wonder if iPhone 3.0 will do it, or if Apple will cripple it?

I found the statement on Polaroid's site:
  3. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

The Palm Centro, as far as I know, only have Bluetooth 1.2, so if you were able to pair it, then BT 2.0 isn't required.
  4. Ed Hardy

Ed Hardy TabletPCReview Editor Staff Member

There's an easy response to this: Polaroid stopped offering its Instamatic cameras and film a few years ago, and is selling ZINK printers and cameras instead. Even Polaroid thinks this is a better option.

-
  5. ward.smith

ward.smith OldSurfDog

That would be true.

I was very surprised to read that it worked with a Centro after I read that it requires BT 2.0.
  6. SarahM

SarahM Newbie

Dell states on their site that it needs a Bluetooth 2.0 connection but I got the Wasabi to pair with both a brand new Centro and my really old (in my opinion) Samsung cell phone. Not sure why it worked, but it did! :)

Also - Polaroid has two PoGo products available: an ultramobile printer similar to the Wasabi and a digital camera/printer combo. You can get more information about either on Polaroid.com

Hope that helps!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.