Dedicated to lives lost of the terrist at.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by MrDebit1, Sep 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SinMin

SinMin Mobile Deity

vague!!
    what the hell are you talking about???

"In the city of york there will be a great collapse, 2 twin brothers torn apart"

how the hell can you label that to any other tragedy?!
    he even had the year and month on point....
    daaaam.

"third big war will begin when the big city is burning"
    thats what scares me the most....

2. schumi

schumi Guest

My deepest condolences go out to the victums and families of this cowardly deed.

As an expatriated American living in Switzerland I view all of this from the outside in.

The "Amis" as the German speaking folk commonly refer to us - support the Americans greatly. They too have lost a lot of people.

The Euros hope that the American Government will do the right thing. They actually support counter-strikes - but are weary of starting WW3.

Let's hope more survivors are found !

God bless America !

3. danlim

danlim Mobile Consultant

At a sad time like this for this great nation, there may be some questions about Human Suffering.
    There are some articles on Reflection on Suffering at this site:

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2001/011/35.98.html

Hate is such a powerful force that can hurt & destroy many lives.
    Let us all use this time to examine our hearts lest we will be like those wicked, twisted mind people whom we judge.
    How is my relationship with my family members, relatives, friends, coworkers, neighbors, & fellow citizens? Do I have love or hate in my heart?

I pray that God would comfort the families & friends of the victims in a special way, and may God grant our President and all those in authority the wisdom & strength to bring justice to pass in this horrific tragedy. Let us remember that no wicked ones will eventually escape God's judgment.

4. eDoc

eDoc Mobile Evangelist

Let the 5 'families' of New York City, and the 'families' of Chicago find all of them, they don't miss.

5. daburnd

daburnd Penny for you beer!

i don't want to be rough, but don't u (spekko) think that turning the other cheek to those guys that are able to do such a thing is a very stupid idea. they either will shoot u for that or crash a plane on u. that holy words crap is only for people that are cowards, didn't loose their familie in such a way or want to piss of other people. where would we be if we would only hope for evil to go away. no ****, but i don't want to think about living in a country with only that sort of people in it and that is beeing commited and act of war on. may something like that never happen and may u spekko never get to know how it feels to lose friends, familie or relatives in such a way.

6. daburnd

daburnd Penny for you beer!

indeed that nostra damus is pretty wierd. but if u read his original book u will see that he predicted so many things that didn't came out and things that can be re-interpreted in such a way that i would fit into more then only 1 happening that i cannot say that i really worry al to much about what he says.

7. LordByron

LordByron Mobile Deity

Folks, honestly, please use your brains and your common sense.

The alleged quotes from nostradamus are a hoax. These supposed quotations are a combination of outright fabrications and picking unrelated actual lines from the Domesday Book and recompiling.

I also hope that we will not degenerate into internal bickering. This is the sort of thing that our enemies hope and pray for.

While I myslef have a great deal of trouble subscribing to the "turn the other cheek" tenant (a personal shortcoming), do not blithely condemn it. "Turn the other cheek" does not necessarily mean do nothing in the face of violence. It means that violence should not be met with violence. It is possible to stand up to injustice and opression without violence, as has been shown by the shining examples of Martin Luther King and Gandhi. I applaud all of those who have the courage and the conviction to stand up in the face of violence and opression, spit in its face, remain unbowed, and still are able to say, I will not commit violence to you despite the violence you have visited upon me.
    Such people are not to be ridiculed or despised.

While I admire the strength and courace of those who are capable of continuing to demonstrate peaceful resisitance, I (like many) feel the nearly irresistable call of "eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth" justice in this war upon terror. I fear that much like a war upon cancer, we must be willing to pay some terrible prices to reach deep and root out the cancerous cells that are circulating throught the body of humanity.

These "prices" however, have limits. In our zeal to root out the poison of terror, we must not succumb to our own medicine. We must not let the fundamental liberties and freedoms that our forebearers fought for become another victim of terror. We must not let innocent people become objects of hate and prejudice because of their ethnic background or religious beliefs.

Our duty to our fellow citizens and to all peace loving people on this planet, is to continue to show our united resolve to uphold the fundamental values and freedoms that are the inalienable right of all people. To do this we must unite and say with one voice: "NO TERROR WILL DETER US. NO ATTACK SHALL STOP US. WE STAND BLOODY BUT UNBOWED. WE SHALL NEVER REST SO LONG AS HATRED AND INJUSTICE REMAIN. FREEDOM AND JUSTICE SHALL ABIDE."

8. MrDebit1

MrDebit1 www.lqx.net\cs

**********--------------------
    ------------------------------------
    ------------------------------------

Well that is the best flag that I could make:)

Please everyone hang your flags today

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.