Dedicated to lives lost of the terrist at.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by MrDebit1, Sep 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYIllustrator

NYIllustrator Mobile Deity

I just want to say its great to see support pouring in from all these other countries, as witnessed on this message board. France, England, Japan, Hong Kong. It is comforting to know that your thought are with us. Thanks guys.

2. imported_Alpha

imported_Alpha Mobile Evangelist

My most sincere condolences to those who suffer from this tragedy, directly or indirectly...

Killing civilians is not forgivable, no matter what reasons those killers have. May God condemn their souls, and punish those who stay behind and manupulate the whole event...

BTW, have anyone read Tom Clancy's "Executive Order"? A foreign news station mentioned it because of the similarity between the novel plot and this "Black Tuesday"...

3. randyb9671

randyb9671 Age Old Member

As a retired soldier who served this country for more than 20 years of my life, a poem by Theodore O'Hare comes to mind. A couple of verses of this poem can be found on the gate of Arlington National Cemetary.

It is fitting at a moment like this. Here are the first two verses to that poem.

The muffled drum's sad roll has beat
    The soldier's last tattoo;
    No more on Life's parade shall meet
    That brave and fallen few.
    On fame's eternal camping ground
    Their silent tents to spread,
    And glory guards, with solemn round
    The bivouac of the dead.

No rumor of the foe's advance
    Now swells upon the wind;
    Nor troubled thought at midnight haunts
    Of loved ones left behind;
    No vision of the morrow's strife
    The warrior's dreams alarms;
    No braying horn or screaming fife
    At dawn shall call to arms.

4. jwdkhan

jwdkhan Mobile Deity

Mr.Debit1, I certainly hope you are not talking about Pakistan here? I am from Pakistan and find your ignorant pointing extremely rude. And labelling people 'low class' speaks volumes about yourself. You need to know first that Pakistan is a US ally and has offered full support, and secondly those people clapping were not from Pakistan. I would suggest that you confirm everything before you post here. People have been very hurt in this tragedy and we should not be pointing blindly to hurt others.

5. kdecko

kdecko Mobile Deity

Of course there are no words to describe this terrible thing that has happened. But we have definitely become United in this endeavor. I believe the consequences will be swift and mighty. When it's over we will not cheer in the streets and jump for joy, but we will be able to look heavenward, shed another tear for our loved ones and thank God the world is a safer place to live.

6. LordByron

LordByron Mobile Deity

For the record, the scene which Mr. Debit appears to be referencing involved a small group of Palestinians celebrating in the West Bank. (Scenes shown prominently on TV news). This footage (if it was the same footage) was not from Pakistan.

I too found those scenes to be very disturbing, disheartening a sad reflection on those many many Palestinians who have condemned this act and sent their sympathy for the horrible loss of life.

I think we should be careful in this time of pain and grief about casting our hate and anger upon persons who are not our enemies.

We must focus our energy both constructive and destructive where it belongs: healing the hurts we have received and hunting down and exterminating those who are responsible for these atrocities and those who have given them aid and comfort.

7. Spekko

Spekko Mobile Deity

I hate to spoil the moment but does the Good Book not say that 'thou shalt not kill,' no matter what the reason? And doesn't that include 'turning the other cheek' to adversity no matter who you may be?

Of course many may argue, but is it not religion itself that has fueled all of this suffering? Think about it

8. MrDebit1

MrDebit1 www.lqx.net\cs

I dont care were you are from what your nationality is but I seen the scean on TV and I said low class and I ment low class I was not refering to you obviously due to the fact that you feel our pain. I also can say, you say we have your full support but do we really? You are not affraid of our bombs our money or anything like that but what scares the **** out of you is our freedom. You have harbored bien and he has caused our country pain on several occasions but we have done nothing. you hear of all the bad that comes out of the US but do you hear the good. You inbibe upon our fruits but yet you hate us. I do not balme you I blame your government. I think as everyone in the world is equal no MATTER WHAT, money, sex, color, nationality, NO MATTER WHAT. I stand tall upon my country and will do what ever is called upon for me to do to help. I do not think that you fully understand what has happened here. I beleive in one thing and one thing only. I am not a religous guy and I can say that I do not go to church. But i do beleive in my country because it is all I have to live in.

I however found this way to wierd. I need someone to confirm this themselfs

I got this from a friend here. I do not know were he got it from but I thought you all would like to see it.

"Nostradamus had a prediction that was pretty close to the mess in NYC. If you do not know who Nostradamus was, he saw the future (he lived in the 1500s) and predicted such things as WWII (he even predicted Hitler, he called him Hisler), he predicted the Gulf War. Because the churches controlled the world then, and people that predicted the future were usually put to death, he wrote most of his material in prose, so it is sometimes difficult to translate. But hers is the full text of this prediction:

"In the year of the new century and nine months, from the sky will come a great King of Terror... The sky will burn at forty-five degrees. Fire approaches the great new city.."
    "In the city of york there will be a great collapse, 2 twin brothers torn apart by chaos while the fortress falls the great leader will succumb. third big war will begin when the big city is burning"
    Nostradamus

He said this will be bigger than the previous two. 2001 is the first year of the new century and this is the 9th month. New Your is located at the 41st degree latitude.

Pretty weird huh."

9. imported_Technogeek

imported_Technogeek Yeah, I want Cheesy Poofs

The thing about Nostradamus is that his quatrans are so vague you can apply them to anything. Plus I heard this stuff was a hoax.

Technogeek

10. Spekko

Spekko Mobile Deity

There is a web site posted here on this forum that notes that this 'Nostradamus' prose is false or 'butchered' and is a fake. Check it out for yourself I suppose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.