DateBk on Palm Pre?

Discussion in 'webOS' started by siscool, Jun 18, 2010.

1. siscool

siscool Never Forget

Anybody using DateBk on your Pre? Like it?

2. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

3. siscool

siscool Never Forget

Thanks but perhaps I should clarify I was wondering if anyone could share their experiences with it on their Palm Pre.

4. jghall00

jghall00 Mobile Enthusiast

I just upgraded to a Pre on ATT a few weeks ago (after it became available). I used datebk for the past few years, but reluctantly find myself searching for alternatives. Datebk in classic is not ideal for me.

There are several reasons why I don't like datebk in classic. One, classic is expensive, at $30, just so I can run datebk. I didn't plan to use any other Palm apps with it, as Datebk is the only one I relied on consistently.

Two, it does not take advantage of WebOS usability. For me, it's just too much of a pain to go into classic, then start datebk. Yes, I can keep classic running, but I prefer to exit apps when I'm not using them to conserve battery life.

Also, it's difficult to (for me) to switch views and deal with tasks using the touchscreen with no stylus in classic. Datebk is obviously adapted to the stylus. Perhaps my fingers are fat, but I just have a really hard time using my fingers to do things quickly in datebk running in classic.

In addition, I'm done with school and no longer use my laptop and ms outlook consistently. I would prefer to sync with an online calendar, such as google calendar. Datebk in classic doesn't use the webos calendar APIs.

As much as I hate to admit it, I think it's time to move on. I got my money's worth out of datebk, but other applications native to webos replicate enough of datebk's functionality for me to transition to something else. Right now, I'm looking at "done!" and "notes" to replace datebk. My hope is that eventually, the Palm user community will add much of the missing functionality back to the native (or 3rd party) apps in webos.

5. siscool

siscool Never Forget

I read something about a stylus that would work on the capacititive (sp?) screen. That might move me towards DateBk rather than the Pre's calendar which they really did goof on.

6. siscool

siscool Never Forget

I'm looking into using Pimical instead. I dislike the overly functions of the WebOS calender :( . With Pimical I can bridge between my Pre and the Google calender I maintain.

Anyone have experience with Pimical?:)

7. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

I assume you are talking about using Pimlical Desktop version, syncing to Google and then syncing the Pre to Google? There is no Pimlical for WebOS.

I don't think there are a lot of Pimlical Desktop version users here. I would try posting in their Yahoo discussion group.