DateBk icons?

Discussion in 'Applications/Utilities (Palm OS)' started by hal, Mar 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hal

hal itchy and cold feet hal

I wish to add DateBk-format icons to my Palm OS device. Though I don't use DateBk, I gather these icons are in a format such that can be used with HandyShopper and SFN Progect, for instance. AAMOF, I have already installed a set of icons that do work with Progect. The issue is, now that I've found several icon sets, they are in a simple .txt document, and the instructions are to copy/paste the content of said .txt doc into a Palm Memo, sync, which I've already done and... there are no more icons in my set, nor another set of icons. I gather the content of that .txt is code, but I don't know how to "jumpstart" it. Or should it jumpstart on its own? How did I install the first set, in the first place, is a question I don't wanna listen (read), cause I can attest for my deeds, though I not necessarily can attest for the steps I took further into those deeds :confused: :rolleyes:

I've tried the Brighthand Search Thingy, with no succesful result. Hence, it's the time to ask.

Suggestions? TIA :p

2. hal

*AHEM* Nobody? Really, nobody?

3. Varjak

Varjak Mobile Deity

This question is way out of my league, otherwise I'd have been glad to help.

4. Josser

Josser Mobile Deity

DateBk has not used a Memo for it's database for many years (DateBk3 I think).

I used Icon Manager to edit and merge dozens of icon files into one master file.
    [​IMG]

5. RickAgresta

RickAgresta General Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

same here, Hal; AAMOF, many of the same icon sets as Josser

6. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Me, too (Icon Manager.) :) No wonder I couldn't figure out what that Memo-text doc business was about. :confused:

7. hal

A curious issue, Mod: as you are a DateBk user you must be aware that it can use icons, and that these icons can be replaced in sets, that are pretty much available all around the Net. Well, these DateBk icons have turned out to be so popular that several apps, way past DateBk itself and Pimlico Software developments, allow these icons as compatible (i.e., Handy Shopper). In my case, I wish to use them along SFN Progect.

The point is that several of these icon sets are available in the weird format of a .txt document, with a content intended to be copy/pasted into a Palm Memo (by means of Palm Desktop, Outlook, Lotus Notes, whatever desktop, doesn't make a difference), and when the Memo got into the Palm device, there would supposedly be another DateBk icons set available (I believe, replacing a previously installed one). If you open one of these .txt documents, you will find... code. Not visible icons, of course, just some coded list, that I gather would create icons when it was hotsynced into the Palm device. I have found several of these .txt icon sets and none has worked as described. The first I found was with Progect itself.

Now, Josser points out that these icons in such format have not worked for long (DateBk 3?). I gather this was a workaround to incorporate icons when Palm OS offered fewer tools to tinker with.

Thanks all... I've been wondering what was that about and Josser and RA got as far as I've gathered. Ayup, I'm trying Icon Manager, it seems to be what I'm looking for :)

Varjak, not your league but thanks anyway. Sometimes, even shared ignorance poses some comfort :rolleyes: :eek:

8. Varjak

Varjak Mobile Deity

Yeah Hal, I only posted because your original post was lonely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.