Crazy Kart is out !

Discussion in 'Press Releases/Announcements' started by StephC, Aug 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StephC

StephC Game Developer at int13 p

[​IMG]

Crazy Kart, the first game of int13 production, is out.

The game has just been sent to reviewers.

It will be available for purchase September, 3rd.

In the meantime you could download the realtime demo : here
  2. Finger

Finger Newbie

This game looks really good, i was affraid of the performance (toshiba e335 perfromance in gxmark and supposed button lag) but it is smooth enough for me.

Nice work!
  3. sylvangale

sylvangale Mobile Evangelist

The game should detect whether you have enough memory to run before it gets going. On an h1945 with 6.51MB memory available if I click the icon to play the game a black bar will go across the file menu area then if I click the game icon again the game would actually show... then I would get critical memory error asking me to end "NONAME" or use storage memory. None of the options worked so I had to soft reset. After freeing up some memory the demo runs fine.

Is there a "vertical" mode to the game?
  4. ottoman2

ottoman2 Mobile Evangelist

Crazy me, I didn't know that real-time meant non-interactive. I hope we get to see a real-playing demo by the time this title becomes available for purchase. While this a good demonstration of the game engine it is still really looping video when everything is said and done.

It looks good. Too bad we have no idea about the gameplay and controls though.
  5. StephC

We are not planning to release a playable demo.

You'll have to wait the reviews to know more about the gameplay and controls.

This realtime demo is in fact a replay of games played with the real game, it gives a good feeling of how the game run on your device.
  6. terret

terret Mobile Enthusiast

Until there is a real demo consider me a noncustomer.
  7. sylvangale

I can see this thread turning into a boycott thread already. :D
  8. Ugo249

Ugo249 Newbie

no boycott for me !

game looks really good and the game seems be very smooth.
    i have 25/30 fps evreytime !! :)
  9. StephC

Could you explain why you *absolutely* need 75% of the game for free before purchasing the remaining 25% ?

Don't you trust the reviews ?
  10. NightShade737

NightShade737 Mack 10

The words you are looking for are "Rolling Demo".

I never buy games on simply reviews or by just seeing a rolling demo. Buying games on reviews is normally quite stupid due to peoples different oppinions and things and different hardware, but most of all, peoples different oppinions on games, i.e. most places reviewed Postal 2 and gave it about 10% where as I thought it was a great game.

Just my thoughts.

NS
  11. tsb_hcy

tsb_hcy Guest

If you don't have a playable demo you not only lose potential customers that can't play test, you'll also have people just download it off Kazaa or mIRC to test it and then decide to just keep the pirated version. :)
  12. Starfox

Starfox Mobile Evangelist

AMEN...
  13. StephC

So there is at least 11500 stupid pocketpc owners out there, and I'm one of them :)

edited : just one in fact :(

Just take a look at handango, Interstellar Flames by Xen Games, no rolling demo, no trial, but 11500 purchases anyway.
  14. sylvangale

15. StephC

err... ok..Never seen this demo

So.. just forget my previous post. ;)
  16. terret

terret Mobile Enthusiast

This is just my personal view, and I'm not trying to pick a fight, just express myself. But, I won't buy games unless I can demo them. One recent PPC related example I can think of is the difference in controls between Siberian Strike and Turjah II. They are both top-scroller shoot'em-ups. Now, I have played both, and with my 2215 the controls on Siberian Strike were unplayable, it simply wasn't responsive with my dpad. Turjah II on the other hand worked great.

I don't expect 75% of the game for free, all I need is 1 level with a character or two to choose from. I want to be able to PLAY the game to see if I like it, after all, that is what games are for. Releasing a non-playable demo goes against trends set by the rest of the PPC/Palm software developer crowd. I know I'm not alone in these views...

I have no doubt the game will run fast on my 2215 @ 530mhz, controls, playability, and the general feel of the game are what I'm interested in.

Edit: typeos.
  17. DeJe

DeJe Mobile Evangelist

StephC, I am not against "without working demo" in general. But for games it's a different story. As said by terret, each PPC acts different with the hardware buttons, dpad... So you mostly need a playable demo to know if it's working on your PPC. Not to mention if you like the game play.
    That said doesn't say anything about the game. May it's the best game ever for PPC, at least it looks great. But I don't like to waste over $10 for a game I can't check out prior to purchase if it turns out afterwards I can't play it on may PPC. Yes, I don't like to struggle with refunds too. ;)
    So why not doing a version which plays for 10min or so? If someone likes it I am pretty sure he will buy it, there are many many samples where it greatly works that way.

btw. the two inner hardware buttons (tasks and home) on Toshiba e750 can't be used together with dpad the same time. Is that covered by the game? Do you even know about? ;)
  18. StephC

This is a known issue with many ppc, and yes it's covered by our game, direction is pad controlled and acceration/brake can be controlled by "soft button" displayed on screen.

About the controls I can assure you that they are very responsive, and I think that reviewers will say the same.

Just wait for the reviews, and if many users are still not convinced about the controls we will release a second demo with a playable mode.
  19. NightShade737

NightShade737 Mack 10

That doesnt make any sence as its pretty much device dependant, so what may be playable on a 5550 may not be playable on a e740......

NS
  20. Eitel

Eitel Super Hero In Training

No. I don't trust them. You know how many good movies I've seen that the reviews said they were trash? I would never seen any movie if I go with the reviews. Same with a game. I don't want to leave my buying descision on what another person thinks. I does help when you want to make a choice of what game to look at, but I like to make my own selection on what I want to buy.