Could not find Palm Desktop Data File

Discussion in 'Sync (Windows/Palm OS)' started by paulrus, Apr 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paulrus

paulrus Newbie

I am in the process of trying to re-sync my palm V. the syncing has worked for some time. however when it stopped i re-installed palm1 ver 4.1.4 and i get this message when i attempt to resync my memos. the other conduits work that go to our corporate email. it is just the personal stuff that i keep in the palm desktop application.
    any ideas?
    thanks
    paul

2. BAB2000

BAB2000 An "Olde Moderator" #2 Super Moderator

Have you inspected the Hotsync conduits?

The series V will require Memo Pad conduit enable to transfer the data correctly. The Memo conduit is intended for the newer Palm models with extended functions.

3. paulrus

paulrus Newbie

i believe that the conduits are correct but where would i verify that?
    thanks
    paul

4. BAB2000

Select teh HS icon from the system tray, then select teh CUSTOM option provided.

Make sure you are viewing the conduit setup for your handheld (if more that one is present).

5. paulrus

paulrus Newbie

That is set up correctly, i thought so but it was good to verify it. it is set up to synchronize. i would just set it to up to update from the handheld but the handheld files are gone. i can ope up up the dektop application and see that they are there.
    paul

6. BAB2000

When viewing on the Palm desktop, is the user name in the upper right corner the same as the handheld user name?

Or, are the records assigned to a CATEGORY, not present on the handheld? They should be insync, but it is possible on the handheld these may b in the UNFILED category and only viewable via this "Unfiled" or "ALL" views.

7. paulrus

paulrus Newbie

on the palm, i checked that by looking at the unfiled and the all category and the only memos there are the initial memos from palm such as handheld basics etc
    however on the palm desktop, everything looks correct. all of the memos are in the proper categories and the name in the upper right is also correct
    paul