Corrupt A Wish

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by VampiressRN, Dec 28, 2005.

1. Hook

Hook Professional Daydreamer

Granted. You now understand Japanese... unfortunately, you no longer understand Spanish or English. In addition, you have acquired Tourette's in which Japanese curses are hurled with the facial expressions used by Toshiro Mifune in the 7 Samurai.

I wish I could retire today.

2. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

I thought Tourette's was required of all male Japanese actors and animation characters... they have a magnificent way of cursing the enemy (especially when delivering a dying curse!). Come to think of it, it's not much different to Charlton Heston in Ben-Hur and Planet of the Apes. I wonder what's the name of that acting method :D

I'd rather not corrupt your wish, Hook, as it's something I'm also wishing for :(

RickAgresta, jigwashere and Hook like this.
  3. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

I agree with raspy, Hook, so I'll try a gentle corruption to get things moving:

Granted! As of today, you are retired. Unfortunately, you have to come out of retirement and return next week...but I'm sure a longer, better retirement awaits.

I wish I had some decent chocolate in the house.

4. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

I was also a huge Speed Racer fan and still am. Love cars too. I also liked Kimba the White Lion and named a dog 'Kimba' after the show's hero. One of the cable channels (Cartoon Network or something) re-ran Gigantor very early in the mornings a few years ago. I only realized it shortly before they finished the series.

Hook and scjjtt like this.
  5. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

I too was a big Speed Racer fan. As a kid, if I got anything less than a C on a report card I couldn't go to any friends home, or have anyone over or watch any TV until the next grading period. Unfortunately for me I only got to see part 1 of Speed Racer vs The Mammoth Car. I never knew how Speed overcame the Mammoth Car because I came home and I had a D in some subject (I think that only happened twice in my elementary years).

Fortunately for me, and this discussion, I have discovered that YouTube has both Part 1 and Part 2 of Speed Racer vs the Mammoth Car. Guess what I'm going to watch tonight?

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

6. raspabalsa

The Mammoth Car story is the one I remember the most from Speed Racer. I can still remember the sound that huge car made: a loud shriek, like a huge carnivore beast. I remember the scene where it chased Speed Racer through the forest, the Mach 5 with the rotary saws deployed while the Mammoth Car just crashed through whole trees. I do remember how Part 2 ended, and what an ending it was! I'm not telling, though :D

Sent from my LG-V10 using Tapatalk

Hook, RickAgresta and scjjtt like this.
  7. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

After all the years I finally got to see part 2.

That sound from the Mammoth Car still sends shivers down my spine!

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

EdmundDantes, raspabalsa and Hook like this.
  8. raspabalsa

Granted! You're treated to a box of Manichos, excellent Ecuadorian chocolate with milk and peanuts, directly from Mrs. Raspy's own stash.

Manicho.jpg
    Unfortunately, you're allergic to peanuts, as the paramedics treating you for anaphylactic shock have just informed you.

I wish I could get an 8GB high-end NAS to set it up as a media server.

scjjtt and jigwashere like this.
  9. r0k

r0k Dazed

Granted! You now have a high-end NAS set up as a media server!
    [​IMG]
    Unfortunately, your media server has just been pwned by russian intelligence and there isn't any room on the thing as it's clogged with copies of Hillary Clinton's and Anthony Weiner's emails.

I wish I could run the Antarctica marathon without dealing with cold, ice and snow...

[​IMG]

lelisa13p and scjjtt like this.
  10. raspabalsa

Finally this wish is becoming true. Christmas will arrive early at Casa de Raspy !!!!!

NAS.jpg

Well, mid-end is probably a better description for this NAS, but since it will be my first venture into this kind of gadgets I opted to start with a mid one to learn and understand them better. I purchased it diskless because I have four 2 TB disks already. Now I have to try and wait patiently a few more days to start playing with my new toy. I'll have to move some stuff out of the disks and save it elsewhere, since the NAS will format every hard disk upon installation.
    Hmmm... I see a nice little recessed red button marked "Reset" on the NAS. Every Netgear gadget I've seen will revert to factory status if said button is pressed 20 seconds. No problem!

I'm so happy about this purchase that it's with a heavy heart that I will corrupt r0k's wish (yeah right):

Granted! A star a thousand light-years away turned into a black hole a thousand years ago, ejecting a relativistic jet supercharged with positrons and neutrons and photons all that high energy imaginary stuff. Sadly, the Earth is directly on the path of said jet. As stellar matter strikes the Earth at almost the speed of light, oceans boil, land turns to magma, and the polar caps melt and evaporate, leaving Antarctica a searing hot desert. You no longer have to worry about ice and snow and cold. In fact, there's no one left alive on Earth to worry about anything at all.

Almost forgot a new wish: I wish I could stop fooling around and start working on these reports due tonight!