Contemplating a Razr M or MaxxHd

Discussion in 'Smartphones' started by Radon222, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Radon222

Radon222 Mobile Enthusiast

My current work phone, a Droid Incredible 2 is starting to go south on me, and its looking like I may forced to replace it. I think the charging port is getting a little wonky. I’ve woken up several times now to a dead phone that’s been plugged in all night.

I know the DNA has pretty smoking specs, but I really don’t want something that large. I already carry my personal original Note in my back pack. This phone needs fit in a pocket or belt pouch with ease.

I work out doors in a marine environment. So I need a phone with good battery life, good signal reception in reduced coverage zones, and is built fairly tough. I think the Razr’s fit that bill.

I’m just trying to balance to slight larger screen and killer battery on the Maxx vs. the pocketability of the M

What concerns me most with both of these phones is the sealed battery with no option for carrying a spare in case of emergency.

Plus the recent Jelly Bean updates to both of these phones don’t sound all that promising.

I really hate these decisions lol
  2. RickAgresta

RickAgresta boldly battling the XenForo-ces {squeek!!}

no first hand experience with either phone, but in lieu of a replaceable battery, there are fairly inexpensive external Li-Ion battery packs that connect to the phone. not as clean as having the battery inside the phone, but it's a thought.
  3. r0k

r0k Dazed

I use the Razr M which is one generation older than the Maxx and I find it works quite well. Battery life isn't great, though. I find it chews through battery faster than my iPhone 5 but to be fair I should add I talk on the thing all day while the iP5 is my personal phone so it gets to rest while I'm at the office (unless I'm in a really boring meeting).
  4. Adama D. Brown

Adama D. Brown Brighthand Reviewer

If signal strength is a factor, go with the RAZR MAXX HD. It has really good reception; the RAZR M is weaker.
  5. Radon222

Radon222 Mobile Enthusiast

Thanks for the extra bit of info Adama...real-world experience always help in making these decisions.

Ed
  6. Adama D. Brown

Adama D. Brown Brighthand Reviewer

Glad to help, that hands on stuff is what I'm here for. :)
  7. weegie

weegie Mobile Deity

We don't seem to get these Motorola models down in this part of the world, in fact MR is pretty sparse on the ground full stop compared to what they were years ago...mores the pity, quite attractive devices with amazing battery life these new ones