Considering which phone to purchase, need your help.

Discussion in 'Smartphones' started by smartph0ne, Jun 4, 2013.

1. smartph0ne

smartph0ne Mobile Enthusiast

hi
    so far i used samsung mini galaxy
    and his processor is very weak
    what im looking for is smartphone with strong processor that can handle good & fast with multi-tasking , and the most important is, that the battery will last long time when im using the mobile for surfing the web.
    and last thing is that i could easily change the battery to second one when one is over unlike iphone that i need 10 minutes to do it (with equipment and experiment ofcourse)
    any relative comments would be highly appreciated
    willing to invest up to lets say 700€
    and preffer size like the iphone or samsung galaxy sort of
    cheers

2. Drillbit

Drillbit Mobile Deity

If big is not a problem with you, the Galaxy Note 2 lasts for a **long** time. The battery is big, like really big, and its not very likely you would ever need to replace it during the day even with heavy use. Other than that, there is also the Galaxy S4, the battery is quite big on that too.

3. smartph0ne

hi drillbit
    thank u for ur comment
    is thisis this galaxy note 2 is same as salaxy sII or is it different model? is his battery replaceble or permanent like iphone?
    and how about his processor?
    thanks always

4. weegie

weegie Mobile Deity

The Note II is much bigger than the Galaxy SII, Galaxy SII screen size ranged from 4.3 to 4.5 depending which version, the Note 2 is 5.5 inches diagonal, the Galaxy S4 is 5 inches diagonal, both have easily replaceable batteries by removing the back cover and there it is.
    Another option is the Motorola Razr Maxx HD at 4.7" diagonal, less current processor inside and non removable battery, but the battery is a huge 3300mAh and if that doesn't last you, no current model will because that's as good as it gets at he moment for battery life

5. smartph0ne

hi weegie
    is this motorola razr u were talking about has also strong processor for multi-tasking? and is his battery stronger than the samsung note 2 or the same? is he thin like the galaxy s2 or thick? this is also important that he will not be too thick and clumsy.
    and last question why is he mentioned motorola razr hd? does he have hd screen?
    i was never experienced with motorola mobiles just samsung iphone and htc and the most one i liked with interface was samsung somehow, but im always open for new experiments
    cheers

6. weegie

weegie Mobile Deity

Processor is fine for multitasking even if it is a dual core, what kind of multitasking do you have in mind? it's not like you're going to be running pro engineer while editing video's at the same time or anything, even the older single core models seemed to have sufficient multitasking ability for what you can realistically do on a phone, are there faster processors?....yep, are you going to notice without running a benchmark?....unlikely.

Runtime is rated higher than Note 2, I haven't seen anything that outlasts the Maxx or even gets close except for maybe the older non HD screened version

9.3mm thick which is slightly thicker than most current models that have much smaller batteries.....talking about 1 maybe 2mm difference here.

Yes it has an HD screen or 1280x720 pixels.

This site has done some reviews on the Razr's but maybe not the Maxx HD version, I suggest you look at some reviews and read owner opinions to see if you think you would like it, it was only a suggestion from me for something to consider if available where you are or/and priced well

7. smartph0ne

thanks
    i've been doing litttle research at the forum and this maxx seems like what i was looking for

about tablets does anyone know some tablet better than ipad3 with longer battery runtime and pretty much same as ipad3 with size camera and all those stuff?
    thanks for helping

8. LandSurveyor

LandSurveyor LandSurveyor

Just a suggestion, but we have no idea where you are or what cell services are available in your area and finally, to your point, what devices are supported there. This would narrow down the choices because it does no good if you locate the ideal phone but the only carrier has poor service in your area.

That being said, my wife has a Note II and has enjoyed it very much. Battery life seems sufficient for a day. I'd call her a light user since at work or at home, she's seldom far from a "proper computer."

Finally I might add that the aftermarket supplies larger batteries for certain popular models. The downside is that you will probably require a replacement battery back as well, which increases thickness. If that's a problem for you. I've given up on my Galaxy S with its standard battery. I have to charge it at work during the day and I consider myself a medium user, at best. I have a new, fatter battery on the way and will cheerfully deal with the extra thickness if I can discard worry about flat batteries.

RickAgresta and scjjtt like this.
  9. smartph0ne

thanks for replays
    another last question regarding battery life of note2
    there is an auction about galaxy note 3 and if i buy it i can save 100 bucks.
    so i wanted to know if battery life and screen size are same at note 2 note 3 and note 4
    if any is better, please let me know
    cheers

10. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Above: Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 2

no personal experience, so I did a quick Google search...

11. Drillbit

Drillbit Mobile Deity

The Note 2 is a fine phone, but the Note 3 is better every other way from battery life, the response and speed, the body appearance and presentation, to the screen.

12. LandSurveyor

LandSurveyor LandSurveyor

My spouse is quite happy with her Note 2, especially the size of the screen but I would agree that going for the 3 is better. She has had no complaints about battery life so I would characterize it as at least adequate for a day's use.

13. smartph0ne

thanks for replays
    and what about note 4?
    is he even better than 3 and 2?

14. Hook

Hook Naked and Unbroken

The Note 4 won't be released until August or September so anything anyone says about it is mere speculation.

RickAgresta likes this.
  15. Newmoon

Newmoon Newbie

im considering about buying a chinese phone, it seems 8core phone are hot selling. MTK6592?

anyone heard of CUBE 9976A or TRONSMART PS7? I only know mini pc from TRONSMART

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2014