Connecting Palm to Samsung Phone via Bluetooth?

Discussion in 'Email/Messaging (Palm OS)' started by darbyalycen, Nov 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darbyalycen

darbyalycen Mama D

I hope this is posted in the right place :)

I'm trying to connect my Palm Tungsten E2 to my new Samsung SGH-T609 phone. Palm doesn't appear to offer bluetooth drivers for Samsung on their website. Anyone know of a way around this?

I can tell my palm that I have a different model of phone, and I am successful in transferring pictures back and forth between phone and palm, but I cannot get it to dial from the palm address book.

TIA!
    Darby

2. Streaky

Streaky I can't remember

Were you able to with your old phone?

3. slein

slein Mobile Enthusiast

I am also looking to improve the Bluetooth connection between my T609 and Tungsten T5.
    I was able to transfer contacts between my Tungsten T5 and phone. I cannot dial via Bluetooth. I tried Mobile High Speed (from Nova Media) It did not improve my ability to dial or connect via Bluetooth. I see they have updated the program. The Samsung T609 is still not listed as supported. I gave up on ever trying to dial via Bluetooth.

4. rexespiritu

rexespiritu Bluetooth Newbie

Attempting to dial a new Samsung SGH-T609 via Bluetooth from a Palm TX, but with no success other than initial connection setup. (Was able to dial a Motorola phone using Bluetooth from the Palm.) Anyone else have any success dialing Samsung phones via Bluetooth from a Palm?

5. Dick Tracy

Dick Tracy Detective/Moderator

What carrier are you using?

6. rexespiritu

rexespiritu Bluetooth Newbie

FYI - The Samsung SGH-T609 phone is with T-Mobile. Thanks again in advance for any assistance/pointers on getting a Palm TX to dial this phone via Bluetooth protocol.

7. D Berry

D Berry Newbie

I Have been trying to connect the dialer and the SMS (Messenging) between my PALM TX and my Samsung T609 for ages. It seems to tell me that i do not have the correct driver. So I went to PALM and downloaded a driver for GSM phones, but when I sync my plam to my PC, my Palm restarts itself, as if it crashes and I get nothing.
    So figuring this out would be incredibly helpful! I cant seem to find a driver that works for the OS and the T609. I also emailed Samsung, lets see how much help they can be.

D:confused:

8. D Berry

D Berry Newbie

I found another item that might be of help in searching for this answer - THE PALM TX is looking for a GSM phone, the Samsung has the newer EDGE system which is an upgraded version of the GSM. If we can only find something that out palms can read the EDGE rather than the GSM, then we should be good to do. Otherwise, I am not sure what we can do.

Hope this helps :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enhanced_Data_Rates_for_GSM_Evolution

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.