Completely, Unequivocally, Absolutely Need Help

Discussion in 'PDAs and Handhelds' started by spading24, May 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spading24

spading24 Mobile Enthusiast

If the subject wasnt enough... I know NOTHING about PDA's.. Heck.. I dont even know what the PDA actually stands for...

But.. I do need one for organizing purposes, todos, some website use if possible. It wouldnt be used 24/7 but decent battery life is suggested. It obvously doesnt have to be the strongest PDA out there, and price range would be about 300-500. Now I dont even know the advantages of having a keyboard or bluetooth or what not so surely some pplz here could help me :)

2. Brian

Brian Mobile Deity

Well, your price range allows for almost anything on the market, so that's good. As for wireless, unless you plan on buying a Bluetooth phone, BT probably won't help you a lot. WiFi could be useful. Do they have a wireless network where you work, travel, drink coffee, etc?

In general I'd encourage you to stick with the Palm OS. I think you'll find it the most easy to get up to speed on. A few to look at while you think a little more - palmOne Zire 72 and the Sony Clie TJ27/TJ37.

Editor in Chief
    www.bargainPDA.com
    www.SPOTstop.com

3. masetane

masetane Mobile Enthusiast

When you refer to sticking to a Palm OS - do you mean the Palm brand or is that inclusive of a Sony Clie as well. Probably a silly question but today is the first day I have ever investigated learning about PDA's

4. Adama D. Brown

Adama D. Brown Brighthand Reviewer

Yes, Palm OS encompasses all the units made by both Sony and PalmOne.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.