Common questions/complaints about the iPAQ 210

Discussion in 'Other Device Manufacturers' started by KFulton, May 1, 2008.

1. BigVoice

BigVoice Mobile Deity

Thanks for the information but after using this sound enhancement software the sound output from the speaker will be compromised by almost half. On account of this I have uninstalled this wonderful software from my iPAQ.

2. davethebossman

davethebossman Mobile Deity

Yes, BigVoice, i also noticed a decrease in volume with WOW, but i really like the options available to tune in the speaker. Additionally, if one sets the output from "speaker" to "headphones", it jacks up the volume right away. Oh well, i suppose i was dreaming to expect superb sound from a single PDA speaker :rolleyes:

And to Mickeylittle, glad to be here, thanks for the welcome. I randomly stumbled upon this site when searching for a PPC, and Brighthand is the reason i got my 210 in the first place. I love it :D and i appreciate you guys sharing all this info. You've all really stepped up my knowledge of these little machines. Peace.

Dave

3. Menneisyys

Menneisyys Mobile Deity

4. Hikoki

Hikoki Mobile Evangelist

Hi. I have finally made the SRSWOWHD app working - and I am very happy about it. With a quality portable set of speakers or headphones plugged in, the device produces an unbelievable, robust sound. As for the decrease in sound output, I don´t really use the built-in speaker for anything but the sound of my stylus hitting the screen etc., so I haven´t noticed. But with with every quality software sound enhancement facility, to keep the sound undistorted, logically the general input volume must be decreased.
    Cheers!

5. dmlomartire

dmlomartire Newbie

Not a problem as the old drivers work fine on WM6. I use both the Stowaway Foldable Keyboard and Traveling Mouse with my 211 and both work fine and are fully featured. I use the same drivers that shipped with them (and ran on WM5).

-- Dave

6. TucsonMTB

TucsonMTB Newbie

Great thread! I think you just saved me the cost of a new iPAQ! After reading about the new model here, my old 2495 looks really good. :D

7. M_28.5

M_28.5 Mobile Enthusiast

Try install this driver my ipaq 212 enterprise asia zone was much more sensitive than the pass

http://h50177.www5.hp.com/support/FB042AA/more_info_local_31476.html

the file is sp39202.exe

8. CalvinM

CalvinM Not a Newbie

I have used the cable to access flash drives. I have also attached and used a USB keyboard.

9. Ossiriss

Ossiriss Mobile Enthusiast

Concerning spare parts like stylus and battery and maybe a case, should i buy genuine or can you send me to a good page where to buy?

IPAQ 21x low audio FIX. Is this safe for the device or will it overcharge the audio capacity and do sum damage in time? I can't post the URL though yet. :)

Does anyone have a FREE :) software with which i can put passwords on the folders i want to protect? I found only trial versions.